Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas ProSolo March 26-27

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    I think I'm gonna try this one...
    While I always encourage newbies to participate in SCCA events, I would encourage you not to attend this one. Here’s why:

• ProSolo is a different format than a regular autocross event, and it can be very confusing for newbies.
    • This is a National level competition. If you’ve only done a couple of events, it will be a very humbling experience
    • You have to be an SCCA member to register, so for someone who isn’t a member you’re out almost $200 to enter.

I would encourage you to enter a few more local events – especially SCCA events – before trying a ProSolo. If after a few more events you’re interested in stepping up to the next level of competition, there will be a 2-day Divisional event in DFW later this year.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Actually, you're incorrect, Ian.

You can enter the ProSolo as a non-member & pay the $15 weekend membership fee.

As far as being a novice...
    I tried my first ProSolo my first year of autocrossing! (...many moons ago.) My wife & I had a awesome time. I was second from last in my class & still enjoyed the whole thing!

The whole point of these National events going around the country is to get folks to try a National type Solo.

Not everyone enters these events to be 1st place.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    As far as being a novice...
    I tried my first ProSolo my first year of autocrossing! (...many moons ago.)
    Here is photographic proof!

lol
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I dont think I would ever discourage someone from attending ANY national event. Pro's are so much fun! Don't listen to Iain, get out there and have a blast! He's just mad cause he sucks at pro solo :p
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

PS. I've been autoxing since 2004 and I STILL find pro solo confusing!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Damn...glad I'm not affiliated with that Iain guy...
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    Actually, you're incorrect, Ian.

You can enter the ProSolo as a non-member & pay the $15 weekend membership fee.
    I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Don't listen to Iain, get out there and have a blast! He's just mad cause he sucks at pro solo :p
    At least I suck less than you!

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Damn...glad I'm not affiliated with that Iain guy...
    Yeah, you're lucky. I gotta live with him. :crazy:
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Oh, crap. Did you have to bring up the 2007 Walnut Ridge Pro?!?! Sigh, queue POS Racing...

I had autocrossed almost 10 years before my first Pro; I still felt like a complete noob for the first couple.

But they are so much fun and addictive. I would rather do a Pro than any other format.

I would highly recommend trying it out!
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Oh, crap. Did you have to bring up the 2007 Walnut Ridge Pro?!?! Sigh, queue POS Racing...
    Gather around kids and let me tell you a story.

(Cue BanjoPrelude) As the sun broke over the horizon on the economically depressed Walnut Ridge Regional Airport you could sense there was a change in the air...... Across the vast expanse of concrete a handsome stranger from Ft. Worth in his Formerly Nationally Competitive Miata readied his car.....

(Cue Banjo Interlude) By the end of the day the car would would regain its destiny and once again be top of class thanks to the handsome stranger from Ft. Worth....

Mick Harrison, of Fort Worth, Texas, was the Bonus Challenge winner!

(Cue Big Banjo Finale)

Last edited by POS Racing; 03-04-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Driver

Lol thanks for the info

Evo Hole Shot program? Has anyone done this program and/or planning on doing it this year?
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....tail&p=121&c=1

I did an Evo AutoX school a few years ago in Cincinnati and it was really informative, well run and fun. Having never done a Pro Solo, I'm considering signing up.

I think its for learnign how to launch with the lights.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I think its for learnign how to launch with the lights.
    Yellow means not yet......green means GO!
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

I'm hoping they'll also cover what the 3rd pedal on the far left does.

Everyone's a comedian; only some people are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Evo Hole Shot program? Has anyone done this program and/or planning on doing it this year?
    http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index....tail&p=121&c=1

I did an Evo AutoX school a few years ago in Cincinnati and it was really informative, well run and fun. Having never done a Pro Solo, I'm considering signing up.
    I have done the hole shot program. It was great and definitely worth $25. I think you even get a few free practice starts included with it. There are a lot of confusing things at a prosolo and they explain everything really well.

Default Hyperfuels at Texas ProSolo

FUEL WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE EVENT...

HYPERFUELS will provide a variety of racing fuels at the event on Friday and Saturday (but not Sunday).* You can preorder from HYPERFUELS.COM by placing an internet order and note that it is for LOCAL DELIVERY TO PRO*SOLO*or you can call them at 281-447-7200, ask for STEVEN PRICE. There is no sales tax and no delivery charges (any delivery charges for internet orders will be credited before credit card is processed). HYPERFUELS will also sell fuel at the event and they will accept cash, credit cards (AMEX,DISC,MC and VISA).**The price at the track will be slightly higher than the preorder price so save some money by preordering.* HYPERFUELS will also be sponsoring a party at the event.
    For the newer model cars please note that HYPERFUELS will have the new Shell Unleaded Racing Technology, high octane 105 and 110 unleaded racing fuels without ethanol but with wear reducing additives so you can replace leaded fuel (up to 114 octane) with the Shell unleaded fuels .
    Here are the fuels that can be ordered (all in sealed 5 gallon cans):

Unleaded without ethanol:
    Shell URT 105
    Shell URT Advances (wear reduction additives replaces leaded fuels up to 114 octane)
    VP SEF94
    Sunoco 98
    PUMP*GAS*87 Octane
    PUMP*GAS*93 Octane

Unleaded with ethanol:
    VP MS 109
    Sunoco GT100
    Sunoco GT104 (4.5% ethanol)

Leaded:
    Sunoco 110, HCR 114, 116
    VP Q16, MS98

Order from the http://www.hyperfuels.com website and indicate that the order is for SCCA*Pro Solo*– any shipping charges will be reversed.* HYPEFUELS also sells Red*Line and Royal Purple along with other items.*
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Wow, 49 of the drivers are in 5 classes, 78 drivers in the 22 other classes. Think people want more Street Tire classes?
    M3 is always the answer.

3 More Days....
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast