Thread: Enhanced Megasquirt Group Buy for all Miatas (90-05)

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default Enhanced Megasquirt Group Buy for all Miatas (90-05)

http://www.miataturbo.net/showthread.php?t=60486

Sexy deal on MS2. I will be picking one up.

Damn very nice! I guess I will be returning my MSPNP for my 96 and getting this one since I haven't installed it yet.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    Damn very nice! I guess I will be returning my MSPNP for my 96 and getting this one since I haven't installed it yet.
    He is going to stop taking names on the 25th or when he gets to meany people. i am 16th last i checked.

Yep I saw that so I went ahead and got in on it. I'm going to return my MSPNP, but I may see if anyone here wants it first. I would sell it for what I paid minus the 7% restocking fee or $454 if anyone is interested. That should be around 25% off and no shipping. I'll put something in the for sale section soon.

If you still have it on the first I'll pick it up from ya :)
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Just a heads up to anyone that cares, his units are the DIYPNP with his own special microcontroller that handles lots of the inputs and outputs (hence all the special features). I had contacted him previously regarding upgrading a normal DIYPNP and said he would sell me his add-on card to essentially make the normal DIYPNP have all his features. Drop him a PM on miataturbo.net if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    Thanks for the interest but it would only fit 96-97 Miatas

Quote Originally Posted by karter74 View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone that cares, his units are the DIYPNP with his own special microcontroller that handles lots of the inputs and outputs (hence all the special features). I had contacted him previously regarding upgrading a normal DIYPNP and said he would sell me his add-on card to essentially make the normal DIYPNP have all his features. Drop him a PM on miataturbo.net if you're interested.
    Sweet info, maybe flyin should do that.

From what I read the DIYPNP is different than the MegaSquirtPNP units. If I am correct the DIY kits utilize the MS2 board while the MSPNP units use the MS1 board so not sure that is an option.

No, Reverent's add on card would not work for MSPNP, only DIYPNP.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    I'm toying with the idea of selling my MS1 from the turbo car for MS2.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

What does this mean for tuning noob like me? Anything else required to make this work for a s/c '94? Injectors? Bigger fuel pump?

More importantly, will I need a PC and an advanced degree in jibberish to constantly tune my car if the weather changes by 5 deg.? What sort of HP/tQ improvements are realistic?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    What does this mean for tuning noob like me? Anything else required to make this work for a s/c '94? Injectors? Bigger fuel pump?

More importantly, will I need a PC and an advanced degree in jibberish to constantly tune my car if the weather changes by 5 deg.? What sort of HP/tQ improvements are realistic?
    TDR kit mp62 on my car went from 210whp to 240whp on the first tune with just ecu over powercards and better highway mpg. I went into the whole thing blind and spent about year figuring it out and that was at a time when there was really no local support for self tuning. Once you read some of the miatatubo stickys and get more comfortable it becomes easier and easier. You will need a laptop, a db9 to usb converter and a copy of tuner studio. As for the weather you calibrate all your sensors and the ecu does the rest. I'm not pro and spark tuning still scares me but from going from car noob to some what respected about some things i can tell you that you will do fine. Like every thing the first time is the longest and hardest then every thing gets faster and easier.

With the M45 I would think your gains would be minimal. If you were looking to jump up to the MP65 or add larger injectors then maybe, but if I were you I would keep the setup you already have if you are happy with how it runs now.

lol, I tuned my car 3-years ago and haven't really touched it since, even when it's hot or cold.

You'll get a bump in peak numbers, but the car will drive better and get better fuel economy.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!