Thread: Windows display problems

Default Windows display problems

My brothers computer is having a problem. Whenever he starts netscape the display switches to 8-bit instead of 32 bit. If you minimize the window and readjust the display propertys it will stay in 32, but closing it and starting the program again reverts it to 8bit. Any clues? Thanks

Edit: XP and 7.2 netscape.

Re-edit, when you close netscape it goes back to 32 bit.

Patient: My elbow hurts when I play tennis
    Doctor: I recommend not playing tennis
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I did install mozilla for him, but I would still like to know if there is an underlying problem.

Have you tried running Ad-Aware or Spybot? He might have some spyware or adware installed that mucks up his settings.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Most likely the underlying problem is, in fact, in Netscape 7.2. If it doesn't show up anywhere else, I wouldn't worry about it. Friends don't let friends use Netscape 7.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I was a Netscape fan/bigot for a long time. I finally gave up, caved and switched to IE & Firefox. Resistance is futile.

Well it seems that now, Steam a program for playing counter strike does it too. I did run ad-aware, but with all the Sh*t he downloads, there are probably a ton of viruses on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I was a Netscape fan/bigot for a long time. I finally gave up, caved and switched to IE & Firefox. Resistance is futile.
    You're using Windows????

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    You're using Windows????
    Don't be a

If the problem still persist, go to www.webroot.com and download their 30 day trial of Spy Sweeper. It is far better than Ad-Aware and SpyBot. I used to use those, but lately have found too many issues they don't resolve. SpySweeper so far has been a great help.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

perhaps INTERNET EXPLORER would be the ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    If the problem still persist, go to www.webroot.com and download their 30 day trial of Spy Sweeper. It is far better than Ad-Aware and SpyBot. I used to use those, but lately have found too many issues they don't resolve. SpySweeper so far has been a great help.
    Interesting. I've got SpyBot's TeaTimer installed on my system, and when I downloaded and installed the trial version of Spy Sweeper, it tried to add a couple of additional programs to the registry. One was called "Search Assistant", the other was called "Clear Search"... both of which Spy Sweeper lists as Adware programs on its own search!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw