Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #4 May 6th, 2012

Stupid gravel

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Stupid gravel
    I kid, I kid. Seriously, it was a bit rocky but the site is quite good. For all y'all who went the to the first event and skipped this one... you really need to give it another shot. It will continue to get better, as we're all walking the course with duct tape on our shoes.

Great course, btw. I don't have "expressed written consent" , only "implied oral consent" that it was a Miata course.

Stupid NCs

Note to self. Remember to press save before turning off the laptop. I have hand entered about half of the 350 runs so far. I should have the rest in a couple of hours.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I tried using Harry's Lap Timer. I never could get it to auto start or display the G-Meter.

M3 is always the answer.

Andy Cost

I charged up my GoPro Sat. evening but I guess I was doing it wrong because the battery died after the morning session.

I really liked the AB format of this event. It was nice to have a break in the racing action as well as the work assignment. I can't comment on whether or not the additional blowing helped. But I'm sure it didn't hurt.

I really enjoyed the courses. Just wish they were a little bit longer. While this was a drastic improvement over the last event. I'd still prefer other venues over any of the mesquite lots.

Andy did tell me he is scoping some additional sites for us. And always, thanks to him for bringing new lots for us to try out.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

So, Jimmy beat Mike and Ken, both?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    So, Jimmy beat Mike and Ken, both?
    No.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I liked the AB/AB format, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I liked the AB/AB format, too.
    +1 and the extra run too! I vote for 6 runs and an AB format at all future ER events! And strippers too.............. female one's not the male kind Ken O likes.

This was an awesome event. The course was a ton of fun (props to Mr OZMDD), lots of good competition, and I think the A/B - A/B format worked out great. I vote we do it that way again next time.

I may be in the minority, but I really like the event site. The gravel is tricky on first runs in the first heat because it goes everywhere. After a few runs a clean line starts to form and there's actually lots of grip. I like the on / off camber stuff too.
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

We used to do ab/ab every time. At some point we started abc. Then just ab. The logistics really depend on how many entrants we have.

I locked in the July and August dates today. They are happy to have us there.
    Andy Cost

Awesome. I can't wait for the next one!
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

They don't have a street sweeper. I think we should use the site for a while to scrub all the loose stuff. Then we can think about renting or hiring a sweeper.
    Andy Cost

Thanks for the course compliments!

I think Mark has a good point; there is grip under that stuff. Maybe hiring a sweeper to really scrub off the surface is a worthwhile idea.

Upon reflection, there were surprisingly few spins at this event. Not what you'd expect from gravel, so maybe there is hope.

I think the A/B-A/B is here to stay for the next several events. If the registration numbers get to where its unwieldily, we can go to three heats.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    They don't have a street sweeper. I think we should use the site for a while to scrub all the loose stuff. Then we can think about renting or hiring a sweeper.
    One of my clients is friends with a guy that has a sweeper. How much would we (and/or ER) be willing to pay? Would all y'all be willing to pay $3 extra for one event to get the lot swept beforehand? That might be doable...

Pm me with his name and number.
    Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by TexasStig View Post
    Would all y'all be willing to pay $3 extra for one event to get the lot swept beforehand?
    Only if it includes a souvenir cup.

Any pictures from the event?
    M3 is always the answer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast