Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Tour Fail

Default Match Tour Fail

So, now that they've cancelled yet another Match Tour, with the final one on the block and likely to cancel too, can the SCCA please admit that it was a terrible idea, and scrap it altogether? The discussion about revising the format is silly, when they couldn't hardly even hold more than half of them. I'm on the verge of just not bothering to plan to attend ANY national events next year, since I would have had to cancel plans three times this year if I'd planned to attend the Match Tours within driving distance of Dallas.

As much as I'm happy they are addressing the R-comp issue, I think the SCCA has tried to make far too many changes in one season, while also attempting to placate the "old guard" with rule take-backs and such. Seems like a really big mess, and no clear path to follow for next season. Time to sell the car and wait to see what SCCA autocross looks like in a year. Bummer.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

Hey play more golf. Costs less, you spend the same amount of time in the sun... And you have scantily clad women selling you overpriced beers.

Unfortunately, I'm better at autox than golf.

I think I'll just do less of both.

I can race my CL sailboat at WRL for free on Wednesdays and Saturdays... (must...compete...)
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm ONLY going to the Texas Tour next year...no blytheville, no pro solo at all (the index classes were stupid) and probably no nationals. Need to save some money and vote with my wallet. I would however like to go to more out of town regional events :) I miss DFW events. :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

OR.... go to track days with a car configured however the hell you want and punk V8's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    OR.... go to track days with a car configured however the hell you want and punk V8's.
    Nothing to win, plenty to lose.

Dave - that's a great idea. I think we need to put on some kind of regional challenge, independent. BMW and ER have both had discussions about something along those lines, and ER is trying to bring in more out-of-towners with our mirror cross events by offering double payouts (one for each course). Got one coming up next month as part of the 2-day season finale at MW.
    Polished Turd Racing

Ask ken o how many sets of nothing he's won at NASA?

Also ask Ken how much he spends on each TT.

Nothing like yet another argument about AX versus track. I bet there are some new facets to discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post

Nothing like yet another argument about AX versus track. I bet there are some new facets to discuss!
    Don't make Thor come out of hiding... He'll get on his damn Valhalla soapbox about how this joint was formed by and for autocrossers...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

And Ken can't configure his car any way he wants if he plans to win those HoHo's. Your whole argument was being able to configure it any way you like. Gotta spend money to make money, and the numbers get bigger to play in NASA TT's.

Why is it the most vocal advocates/critics in this debate are the ones without a dog in the fight? Every single serious track guy/gal I know will tell you that autox is a terrific compliment, and the same is true for top-level autox'ers regarding track time. Its only the folks who don't compete at either who claim one is vastly superior to the other. Sigh...
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Nothing to win, plenty to lose.
    Bingo. I'm already strapped for cash...why go out and potentially slaughter my ride?

That being said...If I had the disposable income I'd do track days in a heartbeat.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Why is it the most vocal advocates/critics in this debate are the ones without a dog in the fight? Every single serious track guy/gal I know will tell you that autox is a terrific compliment, and the same is true for top-level autox'ers regarding track time. Its only the folks who don't compete at either who claim one is vastly superior to the other. Sigh...
    Well said.

And Ken can't configure his car any way he wants if he plans to win those HoHo's. Your whole argument was being able to configure it any way you like. Gotta spend money to make money, and the numbers get bigger to play in NASA TT's.

I didn't claim any such thing. You started the thread whining about SCCA rule changes. I suggested you might have more fun on track days embarrassing more powerful, expensive cars. Then you said you had nothing to win so I referred to ken's tire winnings. NASA does have rules too but maybe they're easier to abide by than SCCA I don't know because I don't compete in either. But that doesn't mean I don't respect either sanction nor the drivers that do well in them.

No, you just like to jump in any thread you can find and try to be the contrarian. Weren't you just posting comments on FB about a bullied girl in Plano, saying her mother was the disabled one since she misspelled her name?

You're welcome to post in any thread you like, but you sound foolish when its one that you don't actually know anything about. Since its a thread about SCCA National-level competition, it was pretty obvious that you had no relevant experience. Probably best to make a cheese joke and move on.
    Polished Turd Racing

Well put. My apologies. Can I have some cheese with my crow?

Not enough.

About the price as a cheap NA.

And Ken can't configure his car any way he wants if he plans to win those HoHo's.
    Well, within the point set by NASA classing or unlimited in TT# classes.

Every single serious track guy/gal I know will tell you that autox is a terrific compliment, and the same is true for top-level autox'ers regarding track time.
    I agree 100%.

Hey, let's ride bikes.
    M3 is always the answer.

Hey, easy on the cheese jokes.

Well put. My apologies. Can I have some cheese with my crow?
    LOL. You're a bigger man than I am. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by slates View Post
    Hey, easy on the cheese jokes.
    Isn't your internet snowed-in yet? Its past September. Go thaw some cheese blocks...
    Polished Turd Racing

I was going to post something but I don't want to be Bullied by OZMDD......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast