Thread: [GT4] Unintended acceleration is back at Audi

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

Exclamation [GT4] Unintended acceleration is back at Audi

I'm trying to get through the S-license test that involves the Audi R8 at Sears Point / Infineon. Shifting manually, usually at 8000. When I let off the throttle, it's like the cruise control has just been set: revs hold and speed remains steady. I haven't been able to deduce whether it "lets go" after some interval because at that track in that car I'm airborne and/or into a wall in the blink of an eye.

So I've been trying to reel it in with braking, but the combination upsets the car enough to make smoothness virtually impossible.

What am I doing wrong? Should I short shift or switch to AT mode? I've also heard there's a workaround that involves and Xbox and Forza something-or-other...

Is the stability control turned on for that license test? If so, then the computer adds throttle to keep the car stable... Otherwise, I can suggest no alternative than to apply the Xbox/Forza patch to your copy of GT4.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

That's it, then -- 'cause stability control is on.

Shouldn't the R8 owner's manual mention something about seizing throttle control to contain drop-throttle oversteer? "Congratulations on your purchase of a featherweight rocket sled. If you find yourself hurtling towards an abutment, refer to page 14-2."

I have the same problem with hi-horspower race cars at suzuka. in the esses after the first double right hand corner. the stability control thing seems to fix it most of the time. and what is this xbox forza patch?
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    ...what is this xbox forza patch?
    Ditch the PS2. Buy an xBox with Forza.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    That sounds like fun!!!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Driver
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Damn... took ya nearly two months to figure that out, sparky?

:)