Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overheat

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    NO offense, but a post like that is not going to get people to help you.
    He's just mad at me....... I think "punk" is funny since I'm old enough to be his father.....err.......grandfather :) Poor just doesn't have a clue....
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    He's just mad at me....... I think "punk" is funny since I'm old enough to be his father.....err.......grandfather :) Poor just doesn't have a clue....
    Thats what I was thinking too, punk thats appropriate.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    Poor just doesn't have a clue....

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    NO offense, but a post like that is not going to get people to help you.
    it was a joke, to the two people who started bidding on the car,
    whatever .
    i am just trying to get some help, that is all.

from the pointy board
    "Consider an oversized radiator
    If all else fails, especially if you have forced air induction, you should consider an oversized radiator. Aftermarket racing units are available. Another option is to install the radiator from an automatic Miata into your 5-speed. The radiator on the automatics has a bit more cooling capacity. "

HEY sharpie does it still fit properly?(the automatic radiator)
    Last edited by dyingbreed; 05-20-2005 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dyingbreed
    it was a joke, to the two people who started bidding on the car,
    whatever .
    i am just trying to get some help, that is all.
    You mentioned getting rid of the car... so I thought I'd help with the first bid! Too much or too little? But now you're not selling...

i said SHE wants to get rid of it NOT me. i said i am not giving up
    thanks for the laugh

Consider an oversized radiator
    If all else fails, especially if you have forced air induction, you should consider an oversized radiator. Aftermarket racing units are available. Another option is to install the radiator from an automatic Miata into your 5-speed. The radiator on the automatics has a bit more cooling capacity.

HEY sharpie does it still fit properly?
    Nice copy & paste..... Just go get it a radiator and replace it, it will be better than what you have now. The one for the automatics is the one most places stock.

Oversized are available but you would more than double the value of the car based on what folks around here are offering you for the car.

Oversized Radiators

from the pointy board
    "Consider an oversized radiator
    If all else fails, especially if you have forced air induction, you should consider an oversized radiator. Aftermarket racing units are available. Another option is to install the radiator from an automatic Miata into your 5-speed. The radiator on the automatics has a bit more cooling capacity. "

HEY sharpie does it still fit properly?(the automatic radiator)
    Yes, it's the same size, just dual core and all metal. No plastic crap on top.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

nobody in town had one or could find a part number, my mom is going to pick one up for me from B&B radiator in carrollton, hopefully it is better than the one i have now.
    thanks for the help guys
    I'll let you know how it goes

If you want a good radiator, that you can get here in fort worth I know a good place. It's called Advantage radiator sales and their # is 817 367 7101. I have bought a few radiators from him before and he has both plastic/aluminum and full metal. Both are very good quality and both come with a warrenty. The guy that owns it is also really cool and will be more than happy to help you out. Hope this helps.

THANK YOU to all of you with advice.
    I got the radiator from B&B in carrollton. When i opened the box this dark black sinister hunk of metal leaped out at me and screamed "you little punk you cant handle me" then i told the radiator and my doubts to F off. It took me a little bit of work but i did it. I installed my new all metal black radiator. it looks so much prettier with out the foam and plastic. I did get a new radiator cap as well. The only completely NOOB thing i did was not look for new nuts in the box(the metal ones) so i used the ones from the old radiator, and then while i was cleaning up i saw the bigger nuts in a bag in the botom of the box.
    So to all the haters big to you

side note:: after driving it around for awhile i noticed the fan never came on, but when i turned on the ac both did. So tomorrow after work i am going to follow the advice in Dr Zaius's post and see what i can figure out there
    after reading the post i think i may just be paranoid, probably the in me?
    when i turn on the ac both fans come on, adn i dont know anything about checking with a voltmeter

Thank you
    Last edited by dyingbreed; 06-04-2006 at 09:41 AM.

Dude... I'm just up the road from you in Lewisville... Give me a shout sometime if you want to bring it up... I've got a voltmeter and the schematic for your car.

I'm Bacheloring it this next week and will be doing a lot of wrenching on the racer.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

what are you up to tonight? after i drop my girl off at 6 i may just go work out with my little brother.

Sorry, I'm a little late, but I've got a radiator if any one is in need.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12