Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody slashed my f***ing top

Default Somebody slashed my f***ing top

I cant believe this sh*t, this is just rediculous. I go to walk the dog this morning & I see a big gaping hole in my top, yell & cuss for a minute, then check whats missing...not my cd player, not my momo knob, not my target sunglasses, not my shoes etc. in the trunk, what did they steal?? About $1.25 in nickels & dimes in the cupholder, THE DOORS WERENT EVEN F**KING LOCKED!!!

I am so f**king pissed right now, I dont want to say too much more since the swear filter would render my post unreadable, so ill cut to the chase...

I need a cheap ass top that isnt crap, a tan one. Im going to search around in a minute, but if anybody can think of anything, let me know.

Edit: heres some pics of the scene just for the hell of it...

Last edited by Jiggerachi; 05-16-2005 at 07:33 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Dude,...real sorry to hear about that!
    Moss Motors has various stages of tops some are not that expensive, they start low and go high.
    I can however empathize with you... I bought a 01 Jeep Wrangler, if you know about the soft tops on Jeeps they zip out from the outside....needless to say the same thing happened to me.
    I came to believe it was kids, they left anything of value and stole a portable $5. cd player.
    Who knows why people do this sort of stuff.
    I will keep an eye out for a used tan job for ya, at least know that you are not alone...I know it probably does not help the way you feel I was just sick about it.
    Just remember there is nothing you did wrong.
    99 Miata Black

Dumbasses...

This is what im rolling in untill I can figure out a solution, hope it dosent rain this week...

Yea I didnt do anything wrong. God knows I would have if I caught the little f**kers.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

That sux Jigger! Whoever would do something like that is an ignorant a-hole!

This is what I was looking for...
    http://www.cabrioworld.com/secure/de...D=32&modelID=9

Hmmm...$217. Its not too bad I guess, the top was shot anyway, I wanted a new one but wouldnt buy one to replace it while it still kept me moderately dry. I guess I should be looking for a rain rail now. Anyone know where I could get one of those?? Could I replace the top & do the rain rail later?

Are these tops hard to replace, do you have to remove the whole cage, or does it just slip on??

Oh yea, sorry about all the F-bombs guys, im sure you all understand.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    I guess I should be looking for a rain rail now. Anyone know where I could get one of those?? Could I replace the top & do the rain rail later?

Are these tops hard to replace, do you have to remove the whole cage, or does it just slip on??
    Check out your rail-rain before you decide to buy a new one. Just remove the carpet on the rear-deck and the 3 metal pieces that are bolted under the rear window to inspect it. A new rain rail will cost around $130. If you do need one, do it at the same time you do the top.

I've got a black M2 OEM top still on the frame in our classifieds if you're interested. I've never done a top replacement off of the frame.

Hmmm...ill think about your top, only problem though is it was the black & tan that got me & my wife to buy it, so im thinking I need a tan one, but thanks though.

Man, I wish I could find a POS hard top for a couple hundred bucks that I could repaint or something, but theyre all in perfect condition for a grand...

This kind of shezat makes me so mad I could spit. What makes someone think doing something like this is OK? Or funny? Or "cool"? I'm sorry to read that you got "hit" Jigger...

But I believe what goes around comes around. Call it karma, or whatever, but I believe this person or persons will get what's coming to them. The only downside is you/we probably won't be there when it happens (which, of course, would be poetic justice).
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Jig,

Cabrio World sells the rain rails too. I had one of their tan tops on my 92 B&T. It was a very nice top - especially considering the price.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

That does suck!

I have my old top. I switched to an M2 top so it is in ok shape.

It's also black, plastic rear windows is pretty clear. Rain rail has been repaired but would hold you over.

$50 with frame if ya want it. Easy bolt on quick fix.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    That does suck!

I have my old top. I switched to an M2 top so it is in ok shape.

It's also black, plastic rear windows is pretty clear. Rain rail has been repaired but would hold you over.

$50 with frame if ya want it. Easy bolt on quick fix.
    Hmmm...that might be an option, ill see what happens & let you know, would you consider selling just the rain rail? Mine is most likely shot & yours might be in better condition.

CM, does the cabrioworld top by any chance come with the window seals?? My top used to leak, so I need new seals, & dont want to pay another $100.

i am sorry jiggerachi,
    i can understand how you feel, we moved from the ghetto in bedford to a very nice, Lot more expensive apartment, with gates and security. But that is where someone broke out my window for my cd player.
    good luck inding a new top.

That just sucks! Sorry to hear about it.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Sorry to hear about the top. You might want to check out ebay for tops. They have a lot on there, some with rain rails included for very good prices. I have no experience with fit and finish though.

Just thought I'd throw that option out.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

CM, does the cabrioworld top by any chance come with the window seals?? My top used to leak, so I need new seals, & dont want to pay another $100.
    No... Those are separate items. You can easily adjust the window seals... Pull them out and there are screws on the mounting pieces... loosen them and adjust the position of the mounts. Then simply reinsert the rubber. If the rubber isn't hard & cracked/split then this should fix it.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

If worst comes to worst, you can always borrow my top. It's not the prettiest top nor does it have a rain rail, but it is functional and will cover your head until you can pay for a new one. Let me know what you decide. Mine's just sitting in the garage...

Hmmm...that might be an option, ill see what happens & let you know, would you consider selling just the rain rail? Mine is most likely shot & yours might be in better condition.
    It's rivited on so I'd prefer to sell together rather than seperately.

Keep in mind, this top is certainly used but would hold you over until you wanted to replace your top. No tears or leaks when I removed it. Top latches not included.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Damn, Jiggerachi - I'm sorry to hear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    It always amazes me that folks just won't try the doors first instead of having to slash through the tops.
    I think some people just delight in causing other people misery - they probably went in through the doors, then slashed the top for the hell of it anyway.

Jiggerachi - You're welcome to borrow my hard top so that you've got some weather protection until you can get a new soft top installed. It's a little rough on the inside, and it's green, but it does keep the weather out.

If not, I'd suggest a roll of heavy duty duct tape to "fix" yours until you get a new one - that towel idea doesn't look like it would work well at freeway speeds.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You may want to try A. A. Best Co.. My brother and I have both used them before, and while their website is terrible they have the same stuff that others have for much less.

Just in case it rains, they also have carpet at very reasonable prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast