Thread: Dammit! Summer's here!

Angry Dammit! Summer's here!

I've liked the low humidity 80 degree weather we'd been having.

These hot humid days suck! Washed the car at 8:00AM and came in sweating.

I wanna wax the car but man the weather sux! :mad:
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Tell me about it! Think my a/c compressor is about to die....makes noises when on. :mad:

I hate this heat. I've had the top down during snow up north no problem, but this 100* plus 100% humidity is torture.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I love summer in Texas. I wait all year for it, and hate cold weather. Snow? If it is so cool, why do all those snow bunnies keep moving to Texas?

Welcome to heaven on earth.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething

I love summer in Texas. I wait all year for it, and hate cold weather. Snow? If it is so cool, why do all those snow bunnies keep moving to Texas?

Yeah, what he said! I cringe at the thought of winters in KY again...and springs, summers, falls....leaving Texas sux!
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Well I toughed it out and spent the day with a clay-bar and Zaino. My Black Roadster looks bitchin'.
    Might snap a few shots Sunday.

BTW, summers still suck here. I'd much rather it be 70s-80s with low humidity. Born in Buffalo and I don't miss those winters though.

Thing is when it's cold, you can always put on more layers but you can only remove so much clothing before the neighbors start complaining.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, if nobody else is sayin', I ain't either!

Absolutely! Nothing below 70*, please! I love to get hot and sweaty!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    Thing is when it's cold, you can always put on more layers but you can only remove so much clothing before the neighbors start complaining.
    So work out more - maybe they'll quit complaining....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...'Wow! What a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    So work out more - maybe they'll quit complaining....
    hit him where it hurts
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    When it is 35 and misting rain, there are not enough clothes in East Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by rjosey8385
    Absolutely! Nothing below 70*, please! I love to get hot and sweaty!
    I like it!!!
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

When it is 35 and misting rain, there are not enough clothes in East Texas.
    Weak! Spend Christmas in northern Iowa if you want to know what cold really feels like. Nothing like a high temperature in the minus teens to make you appreciate the benefits of a block heater.

I'd like to live in Hawaii. Never cooler than about 65, and never much warmer than 90.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Weak! Spend Christmas in northern Iowa if you want to know what cold really feels like.
    No thanks!

I'd like to live in Hawaii. Never cooler than about 65, and never much warmer than 90.
    That'd work just fine. I'm making plans now.

Weak! Spend Christmas in northern Iowa if you want to know what cold really feels like. Nothing like a high temperature in the minus teens to make you appreciate the benefits of a block heater.
    Why would I want to do that??? I don't know what a block heater is, but if it involves sub-teen temps, I don't want to learn.

Weak! Spend Christmas in northern Iowa if you want to know what cold really feels like.
    Heh... reminds me of when T.I. sent me to Edmonton, Alberta in the winter... took off from DFW at a balmy 52 degrees and landed in Edmonton at -45 F with a windchill around -70 F. Good times....

Most places to park had an electrical outlet to park your car in. The poor rental never got warm enough the whole week to melt the snow we drug in on our shoes. Had to pull the floor mats every day to shake the snow out.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Chassis Designer

Block heaters in case you really dont know what it is (and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong or something), is where an element in the block is kept warm (usualy overnight) by plugging it in, the elment prevents the coolant in the block from freezing and blowing the freeze plugs, again thats just what i was told and gathered.
    1990 Red Turbo, Granbury TX..

Hey, speak of the devil...just got back from there a few days ago! Beautiful weather! Of course you have to watch out for the spontaneous little showers that come out of no where.

BTW, the ratio of Miatas to other cars was the highest I've ever seen!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen1990
    Block heaters in case you really dont know what it is (and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong or something), is where an element in the block is kept warm (usualy overnight) by plugging it in, the elment prevents the coolant in the block from freezing and blowing the freeze plugs, again thats just what i was told and gathered.
    They also keep the oil warm enough to flow - otherwise it takes MUCH more current to turn the starter.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!