Thread: We're gonna get hammered

Default We're gonna get hammered

Hope everyones car is safe. I am thinking about taking mine to the car wash and leaving it. This looks like a bad storm.

Its not raining here either, but its going to be. Eeek

The lightning and wind is picking up in N. Fort Worth!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    The lightning and wind is picking up in N. Fort Worth!
    Run!!

You know, this may be my chance to get a new hood... hmm...

Eww, I just walked outside, and it is deadly quite. Soo spooky

The report now says pea sized hail. Would you park your car under a tree or not tonight? I am more afraid of wind blowing branches off of the tree than hail at this point.

Thank goodness for garages. Wind is whipping rain against the windows in Sowf Oklahomer. Miata is snuggled up in the garage.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Did I miss something????????
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

GOOD! I wondered why the cars UNDER THE CARPORT were all wet this morning, the trash can was listing, and there were lots of tree parts where they shouldn't have been.... Ahhhhh, I must've slept right thru it :sleepy:
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Man it was fierce at my place, rained and dogs we got a ton of rain!

Luckily the hail was small!

It hit Denton around 1am. I didn't notice hail damage on the hondas, maybe I should look again. Miata was top down, in the garage though.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Got up because of wind, rain, hail sounding like the house was coming down about 130AM or so...all looked well. This morning, noticed the pool cleaner was hung up and not operating...wind had blown a heavy steel deck chair into the pool and slurppy was caught in it. Wind had to be 50 plus to do that, IMHO.

BTW, got caught at Sam's Club on east 820 Monday. Parked the MSM in the parking lot near the garage section, top down on a gorgeous Monday AM. Thirty minutes later, looked out and saw a heavy downpour...ran outside to put top up, but obviously, too late. Car was soaked... I brought it home and dried it as much as possible, and yesterday and today, left it outside in sunshine to help dry it out...Think it's going to get that mildew odor? Anything I can get to avoid that?
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Wet/Dry vac?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    Got up because of wind, rain, hail sounding like the house was coming down about 130AM or so...all looked well. This morning, noticed the pool cleaner was hung up and not operating...wind had blown a heavy steel deck chair into the pool and slurppy was caught in it. Wind had to be 50 plus to do that, IMHO.

BTW, got caught at Sam's Club on east 820 Monday. Parked the MSM in the parking lot near the garage section, top down on a gorgeous Monday AM. Thirty minutes later, looked out and saw a heavy downpour...ran outside to put top up, but obviously, too late. Car was soaked... I brought it home and dried it as much as possible, and yesterday and today, left it outside in sunshine to help dry it out...Think it's going to get that mildew odor? Anything I can get to avoid that?
    Yeah,

I had 1" of rain in the bottom of my 2003 once after getting woken up in the middle of the night due to thunder... Ended up taking the seats out and using the shop vac...

Vacuum out as much water from the seats, console, and carpet that you can... then take the seats out and vac up water from under them... pull up the carpet and vac up the water under it...

If you pull up the eBrake handle hard you can pull it up enough that you can pull the carpet over to it and put the hole where the seatbelts go through on the handle from both sides of the car... put fans in there to point the air under the carpet & let it sit all day blowing air under the carpet to dry out the insulation...

After doing that I still to this day have NO mildew smell in the car.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!