Thread: Live 8

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Cool Live 8

I want to be in London on July 2nd!

Pink Floyd, REM, U2, The Killers, Velvet Revolver and on and on and on and.....

http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts/index.shtml

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Me too! What an awesome concept.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

sounds like a blast, i got to go to edgefest 13 last year, i saw 10 bands for like $40. really cool show.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I saw the Human Rights Now! concert in '88. It started with some small bands that I don't recall now followed by full sets by Youssou N'Dour, Tracy Chapman , Peter Gabriel, Sting, and Bruce Springsteen. It lasted like 12 hours. By the time the Boss came on stage, I couldn't stand. I can't imagine a concert running much longer then that... It was an experience I will never forget, but at some point you just want it to end!

I saw the first four Lollapaloozas, as well as the first five Edgefests from the '90s. I've also seen U2 and Pink Floyd (on seperate occasions) at Texas Stadium. Does that count for anything?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I saw the Human Rights Now! concert in '88. It started with some small bands that I don't recall now followed by full sets by Youssou N'Dour, Tracy Chapman , Peter Gabriel, Sting, and Bruce Springsteen. It lasted like 12 hours. By the time the Boss came on stage, I couldn't stand. I can't imagine a concert running much longer then that... It was an experience I will never forget, but at some point you just want it to end!
    I went to 2 8-hour raves a few years back, Sasha once, & Sasha & Digweed the second (anyone knows who these people are, I have a cookie for you) 8pm - 4am both times & payed lots of money for the shows. That was rough ill tell you what, I cant imagine being at anything like that much longer. But if presented with the opportunity again id do it in a heartbeat.

Id love to be at these concerts, but maybee not for the whole thing, hehe.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Bah.

In my younger days, we would typically head to the Lizard Lounge or the Aqua Lounge or Clearview, then when they closed at 2am we'd head to an after-hours club on Canton that was open until 6am. This was in the very early '90s, just as raves were starting to pop up.

I saw many a sunrise in the rearview mirror driving home from a night in Ellum. :cool:
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

back in my younger, wilder days naughty school girl night at the lizard lounge was the best. also times square in plano. we also went to the waffle house on the way home
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Back in the day (the 70's for me), the old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland would host the "World Series of Rock" concert series during the summer. Just me and 100,000 of my closest friends!

I saw all kinds of great bands. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Emerson-Lake-Palmer, Fleetwood Mac, Ted Nugent, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, Wings, Rolling Stones, Todd Rundgren, Eagles, Queen, Boston...you get the idea.

Anybody go the the TEXAS jams in the cotton bowl in the late 70's and early 80's? I "enjoyed" many hours in the sun out there. Rush, Styx, Ted, Van Halen, Heart (i think) on and on. Dont remeber alot about each one though.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...