Thread: 2008 GTO -- Interested?

Default 2008 GTO -- Interested?

Autoweek claims this is fairly close, but who knows.

I think it's a definite improvement. Something like this with 400hp, an interior and seats as nice as the current car's, and a $30k-ish price tag would sell. It'd give all those Chevy (OK, Pontiac) boys something to put against the new Mustang.

S.

Ugh... it looks like it's sporting a uni-brow. The current GTO, I hate to admit, is actually a good looking ride. Much like the Holden it's based on, it has nice, sexy lines. This pictured version looks rough (as in ugly).

It already comes with a 400 HP LS2 V8.

Looks like a mitusbishi diamante. The present version looks nice to me. Perhaps if GM brings its prices down to where they should be without rebates they'ed sell more of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Ugh... it looks like it's sporting a uni-brow. The current GTO, I hate to admit, is actually a good looking ride. Much like the Holden it's based on, it has nice, sexy lines. This pictured version looks rough (as in ugly).
    AGREE!
    I like the looks of the current one, too. It's got gobs of power, but it can't turn or stop. I was disappointed......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv
    AGREE!
    I like the looks of the current one, too. It's got gobs of power, but it can't turn or stop. I was disappointed......
    I've seen a couple on the Tollway and love the lines... at first, when TC talked about maybe picking a GTO up and making it an ultimate sleeper, I thought he'd been smoking something other than tobacco. But having seen them in person, I like the look (and the sound is awesome too!)

I drove one from Ft. Worth to Mineral Wells on the way to an ER event earlier this year. It didn't perform so well at the event, but it would make a great daily driver/touring car. Very comfortable, with a very nice interior for a GM.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Interesting picture....

Oddly enough, other reports are coming in saying the GTO may follow the Dodge Charger path and morph into a 4 door in teh next generation...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/07/29/new_gto/index.html
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??