Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Mav Charity AX at TMS 10/9

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Also met a guy from this Forum out there running as well, his time was awesome, btw.
    Who was it? What color was his car was it green or maybe dark blue??

Glad to hear you had a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Who was it? What color was his car was it green or maybe dark blue??

Glad to hear you had a good time!
    I bet it was red with a JR supercharger.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Michael?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Michael?
    ManiacMitch
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Went out and did my First Real Auto X today, it was a blast!!!!
    The Porsche guys were very nice and very KEWL people!
    Also met a guy from this Forum out there running as well, his time was awesome, btw.
    The event went well, and we got a T-Shirt for participating.
    Got 8 runs, time improved with every lap.
    The Surface was a little slippery at first until it started to warm up and then it got a little better, all in all I had a blast and look forward to doing more in the future, in fact I was asked to come out to the event next Sunday in Mineral Wells...and I will most likely make it to that one too.
    Glad to hear that you had a good time today, Billy! Congrats on your first autocross.

The Maverick Region PCA is good people. They've always made me feel wecome, every time I've run with them.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Thanks for the compliment Billy, it was nice to meet you.

The other car was me and my wife, LaTasha. It was a really fun course & we had 8 runs on thye day. 4 consecutive in the morning group & then 4 in the afternoon. Felt great to get back out there, after 3 years in Seattle with no track events, it was fun to see the ol'Miata still has it by snagging the top time in the morning run! Didn't end up with the fastest time of the day, but was pretty darn close. :cool:

I was going to do the ER, but since it was my wife's first time, I figured the Porsche charity event would a little more low-key, & less competitive to break her in. She had a GREAT time & really impressed me ... lots of fun today!!!

Last edited by Checker; 10-09-2005 at 07:13 PM.
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by Checker
    Thanks for the compliment Billy, it was nice to meet you.

The other car was me and my wife, LaTasha. It was a really fun course & we had 8 runs on thye day. 4 consecutive in the morning group & then 4 in the afternoon. Felt great to get back out there, after 3 years in Seattle with no track events, it was fun to see the ol'Miata still has it by snagging the top time in the morning run! Didn't end up with the fastest time of the day, but was pretty darn close. :cool:

I was going to do the ER, but since it was my wife's first time, I figured the Porsche charity event would a little more low-key, & less competitive to break her in. She had a GREAT time & really impressed me ... lots of fun today!!!

Aaargh! Wishing more and more that I'd gone to Porsche today instead of ER. Oh, well. Live and learn, they say...

Damn, Jefe - sorry to hear you were in the neighborhood and I missed you. Glad to hear you and your wife had a good time, though!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Edmond, OK - right on the way to Hallett!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Damn, Jefe - sorry to hear you were in the neighborhood and I missed you. Glad to hear you and your wife had a good time, though!
    Yeah, we even saw you at Zoom-Zoom live too but you were talking to someone & we were both in line. i kept thinking we'd see ya again. D'oh!
    If you are not living on the edge ...
    you're taking up too much space!

Yep Checker AND his Wife both did really well.
    I am thinking on getting some Track Tires soon, but wanna get a feel for driving on my extremely slick es 100's first...lol
    Best time I was able to pull off was 79.72 and that was with the car squealing around every corner....it fealt like if I pushed it any harder it would have spun out in some area's.
    Oh well it was my first time and I am happy with getting what I got, which was better than some.
    It was a blast!!
    99 Miata Black

Billy, I'd really recommend staying on street tires for at least a season while you learn how to drive the car. R compound tires are expensive, fragile (i.e., a newbie can destroy a set very easily if they don't know what they're doing), and worst of all, they will mask bad driving habits. You're much better off learning basic car control on street tires, so that when you make the switch to R compounds you'll be able to use them properly.
    Iain

Thanks for the advice!
    I will keep pluggin with the Es's for a while, they did seem to grab a little better when I adjusted the shocks..or maybe it was the weather heating up a little, or the amount of rubber being left on the track, or a combination...lol
    At any rate I do plan on continuing to use them for a good while.
    99 Miata Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12