Thread: MSM Already Wrecked

Default MSM Already Wrecked

My GF was driving it today and got rear ended. She says it's not that bad, like just a bumper cover, but I'm sure its gonna be more than that. Always is.

If you what to know how I really feel about it click here *NWS* for language in really big type.

Sorry to hear it, evil.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

Sorry to hear it, evil.
    Thanks. I forgot to add, shes fine. I haven't seen the car yet.

Sorry to hear about the '04.

But well said on your rant.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Sorry to hear that, I hope all is well with your girlfriend. As far as the car goes, I was rearended on Coit over 635 on April fools a few years back and these cars are very sturdy in the rear. My 01 had limited damage other than a new bumper cover and a reinforcement bar. My damage came from being pushed under the Durango that was in front of me at the stop light.

As for the rant on the other forum that needs to be turned in to a billboard on each major highway in the US. I have made most of the same statements at some point. The cars will get better, hopefully your luck will too.

I'll give you $5000 for it.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I moved srivendel's post due to some racial language that he quoted from another board...

Express your anger all you want, I'll sympathize, but please hold off on the slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I moved srivendel's post due to some racial language that he quoted from another board...

Express your anger all you want, I'll sympathize, but please hold off on the slurs.
    I concur. While I fully understand the anger and frustration and agree with most of the comments evil made on that other board, there is no place for racial epithets on this board.

Just remember, people suck. ALL people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, etc.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

You left out age, and sexual prefferences.
    99 Miata Black

Just remember, people suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    ...and sexual prefferences.
    I suppose this would be a bad time to make the obvious joke here....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

remember, people suck. ALL people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, etc.
    I'll drink to that. You did the right thing, Bean. Sorry I quoted that part of the post (although I agree with evil 100% about those stupid soccer ball stickers on the back of minivans... ). I'm sure nobody on here is racist, even if their mouths sometimes get the better of them when frustrated. I think the real frustration is with uninsured and careless motorists. People who drive without liability insurance (or the willingness/ability to make things right themselves if they don't have insurance), people who drive carelessly, and people who hit-and-run deserve to be taken of the streets, period. Race has nothing to do with it.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    People who drive without liability insurance (or the willingness/ability to make things right themselves if they don't have insurance), people who drive carelessly, and people who hit-and-run deserve to be taken of the streets, period. Race has nothing to do with it.

S.
    Can we add left-lane bandits and people who wouldn't know a turn signal if it jumped up and bit them on the ass to that list?
    Iain

Can we add left-lane bandits and people who wouldn't know a turn signal if it jumped up and bit them on the ass to that list?
    Yes, and I'll add door-dingers; people who drive big trucks and park in Compact Car spaces; 99% of gravel haulers; people who drive up until their lane runs out, then wedge themselves in front of you; red light runners; and people who speed down residential streets to the list.

S.

Have Cell Phone talking Hummer drivers been mentioned?
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Well, regardless of how I said it, the fact remains that the person who hit my car was not of legal age to drive, did not have a drivers license, was driving his fathers car which did not have insurance (most likely because the father didn't have a drivers license), and was illegally in this country from some other bordering country. Geography and statistics dictate that it probably wasn't one of those damned (tongue firmly in cheek) Canadians. To get from the unnamed country to this one the preferred method of travel is on foot and a river must be crossed, it follows by logic that one might get one's posterior wet in such an endeavor. I don't think I said anything that could be construed as racist.

I'm not a racist but I have a big problem with people who break the law and negatively effect my [mostly legal but paying my dues and not hurting anybody else] lifestyle. Chill out guys, you're getting to be a little like the pointy board.

Oh, and on topic the car seems to be limited to parts damage and because I'm unlucky enough to need to pay for those uninsured motorists my insurance is going to take care of it (and very likey raise my rates again). Maybe I'll just buy a clapped out POS (no offense POS) to drive and stop paying for insurance. Everybody else is doing it and it sounds like a lot better deal than the $3xx I pay a month to insure the cars I have.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Well, regardless of how I said it, the fact remains that the person who hit my car was not of legal age to drive, did not have a drivers license, was driving his fathers car which did not have insurance (most likely because the father didn't have a drivers license), and was illegally in this country from some other bordering country. Geography and statistics dictate that it probably wasn't one of those damned (tongue firmly in cheek) Canadians. To get from the unnamed country to this one the preferred method of travel is on foot and a river must be crossed, it follows by logic that one might get one's posterior wet in such an endeavor. I don't think I said anything that could be construed as racist.

I'm not a racist but I have a big problem with people who break the law and negatively effect my [mostly legal but paying my dues and not hurting anybody else] lifestyle. Chill out guys, you're getting to be a little like the pointy board.

Oh, and on topic the car seems to be limited to parts damage and because I'm unlucky enough to need to pay for those uninsured motorists my insurance is going to take care of it (and very likey raise my rates again). Maybe I'll just buy a clapped out POS (no offense POS) to drive and stop paying for insurance. Everybody else is doing it and it sounds like a lot better deal than the $3xx I pay a month to insure the cars I have.
    I think the argument is why do you have to point any of that out? A dead beat is a dead beat. Dead beats come in all shapes, sizes, race, sex, religion and socio-economic background. Hell the news last night had a dead beat dad that was a multimillionaire white fat cat that was moving to China to escape his obligations.

No one is arguing that anyone who drives without insurance isn't a dead beat. There is just no need to "classify" people or even mention their ethnic background. People are people and there are jerks in all of humanity.

Sorry the car was wrecked but it sounds like they'll be able to fix it and most important of all is no one was hurt.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Why not take the high road and just point out a jerk, ass, nitwit, idiot for being just that and not take the low road and have to point out their ethnicity. That factor has nothing to do with the outcome of the accident. It could have been anybody that got into that accident with your wife.

Believe me, I hate the fact that your wife was endangered and that your car was damaged, but being hateful ain't gonna solve the issue.

I'm not directly offended by your comments, I just don't believe they have a place on this board. I will, however, take offense at being compared to the pointy board. I don't believe we're anywhere near as bad...

Now notice the grace and style I use as I swing my mighty moderator sword and shut this post down.