Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MME Event: Fried Pies

Default MME Event: Fried Pies

So... here's the deal...

It sounds like interest is brewing in a two-day "get it in before the heat sets in" Miata fest.

Sunday, May 30th, I'll (unless someone else would rather) lead a run across our northern border into that great unknown called Oklahoma. We'll be meeting at the Cracker Barrel on I-35 just north of the split in Denton, TX at 10:15 a.m. Lunch will be Fried Pies in Gainesville. After lunch, we'll drive by Turner Falls. Then we'll head through some truly rural tree-lined two-lane. We'll finish things off with a half-lap around Lake Murray.

If your baby-sitter is staying up late enough, we'll have dinner as a group (around 4:30-5). Dinner location will be determined by a: how many people show up and b: what they vote on. McGehee's Catfish in Marietta, Oklahoma can handle a bunch of us and is "quaint." Plus, they have good fish. If we have a smaller group, it's a lovely drive (retracing a few of the morning's steps) to Clark's Outpost. If you've never had the brisket at Clark's, it's time you did.

Please repsond to this post indicating your interest. Please remember that when participating in a tour, it is your responsibility to obey all traffic laws. Route maps/descriptions will be provided and there will be stops at least every 90 minutes to allow us to re-group if you get separated.

Default Re: MME Event: Miata Mayhem for Memorial Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Saturday, May 29th, we'll be heading to the Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, Texas, to poke fun at people in weird clothes, drink beer, get sunburned, drink beer, see the crafts, drink beer and probably drink some more beer. Then, of course, we'll all ride home with our designated spouses, err... drivers.
    Now that I have only one seat in the ol' Miata I guess I won't be doing any drinking!

Damn!

I want a baby sitter....

I might possibly be too drunk that weekend to do anything
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Tailchaser, We are in for the drive for fried pies on the 30th. And are we going to use CB's or FRS's radio's for communication.

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Tailchaser, We are in for the drive for fried pies on the 30th. And are we going to use CB's or FRS's radio's for communication.
    Depends on what we've got more of...

Quote Originally Posted by IMVivid
    Depends on what we've got more of...
    I'd vote FRS's just so I didn't have to screw with the CB we have! PITA!

BTW. As Vivid metioned I'm in for the 30th!

I just might meet up with ya'll. It would be my first Miata event, so ya'll would have to let me in on all the usual goings-on.

Sounds like FRS it is... Soooo...

We're
    onething and anotherthing
    POS Racing
    IMVivid
    tailchaser and mokey
    chaz
    sammm and spouse if they're not too tired from Colorado
    Ivans2ksky from the S2K club

Lunch is going to be about an hour earlier as it has been confirmed that Fulton's in Ardmore is closed, so we'll be visiting the Fulton's in Gainesville instead.

Melissa and I might be in on this as well. What kind of pace are we planning? Mel probably wouldn't appreciate the pace of some of the Outlaw runs I've been on, especially given our recent adventure in Oklahoma. So if we're talking "moderately quick" and not "balls to the wall", then we're probably in.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Moderately quick is my intention, but there will be radios if she needs to request a reduction in pace.

so how quick is moderate to you guys?
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Can't be as fast as JR's driving in the Arkansas Miata Club's 3-Mountain Tour last fall...

I learned that I had no idea how well my car could handle before that day. Those guys are CRAZY fast.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

hmm... interesting....

Well I doubt I'll make this weekend's trip being that I've got outof town company... But I'll be sure to make a future one!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

I might be up for it, as long as I'm lurking around I might as well get some face time in. Just depends on if one of my friends wants to come along. What time should we be rolling back into DFW? She starts work the next day so she'd like to know.

Back in Dallas in probably 5:30-6 o'clock without dinner, 7-8:00 with.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

So, now that I'm buying FSRs to go with my 11 mtr rig, what should I look for in a good FSR and where can I get the best price between now and Sunday? Do they sell headsets with boom mics and wind cancelling circuits, or will I need to stop the car to hear and be heard
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    So, now that I'm buying FSRs to go with my 11 mtr rig, what should I look for in a good FSR and where can I get the best price between now and Sunday? Do they sell headsets with boom mics and wind cancelling circuits, or will I need to stop the car to hear and be heard
    Yea what he said! :P I'm ready to retire the CB back to the dark ages, so what should I be shopping for in an FRS?

Please keep in mind I am still the " of cheap"!

You're welcome to borrow one, Hal... I've got plenty. My favorites are the ones at Radio Shack (apparently "used to be at Radio Shack") that are designed for vehicle use... The "radio" is in the mag-mount antenna base, and you use a separate handheld speaker/mic. They were going for $15 last summer. Probably why they're not in the catalog any more.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

You're welcome to borrow one, Hal...
    Thanks TC . . . That will be a good way to solve the time & location problem.

Speaking of time and location, have they changed for the meeting place since the pie factory has changed?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast