Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killed a Set of Victoracers on Sunday :-(

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

...for that matter, when is this level of uncontrolled thread drift going to set TC off? Is he too busy flying Magnum around in that helicopter to notice?

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace
    Say... is Tribe-in' insinuating that I'm some sort of postwhore?
    A whore? Where? I know, I work in a seedy part of town... I see the working girls all the time...

Post away, baby, post away! Don't let 'em get ya down. How the hell do you think I got to 300+! :P

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSpeeder
    Do you really trust DT with your wheels?????
    With my track wheels? Sure. They ain't that pretty anyway.

Actually, I took the street wheels to a brand new DT here on Davis Blvd. in Keller to have new street tires mounted last week, and they did a pretty good job. Cost for four wheels and roadforce balancing was $60, so if Sammmmmm hasn't worked a deal before before tomorrow, I might see if I can talke them into a TCB deal for track tire mounting & balancing.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Discount mounted my AVS-ES100s on my 17" BBS for the Passat and handled the job nicely... no nicks, scrapes, or cuts on anybody's part and parts. I think DTs are highly subjective.... you have to find a good one and stick to it.

Did the search for a TCB tire mounting shop ever result in anything? I may have some new wheels and tires coming soon from separate locations, and need to find a shop.

S.

Nothing like bringing a post back from the dead this one has been resting peacefully since July of last year!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Nothing like bringing a post back from the dead this one has been resting peacefully since July of last year!
    You're telling me... I saw my post and had a bad case of deja vu...

Sheesh! If I hadn't resurrected this one, somebody would have been kvetching about me not using the search function. Talk about not being able to win.

S.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Sheesh! If I hadn't resurrected this one, somebody would have been kvetching about me not using the search function. Talk about not being able to win.
    Ya! What a bunch of bastards you are!

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

S.
    Do a search! :P

I don't know what the Oklahoma contingent does for tire mounting. Us westerly folks worked out a deal with Goodyear Tire on Bedford Euless Road just south of North East Mall. Mention DFWMiata.com and $40 should get you a set of wheels and tires mounted and balanced.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey folks, I mentioned that I had a tire changer purchased recently from Discount. I had sent my 6.5 hp, 35 gallon tank Craftsman air compressor for repair and was told today the cost of repair would be more than a new one just like it. I ordered a new commercial type, 60 gallon tank unit from them today and should have it next week. Then I will be able to mount tires for anyone who wants to bring them to the Hamlet of Haslet, about 12 miles north of downtown Fort Worth, or 10 miles south of TMS. I work cheap too...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OzCop
    I will be able to mount tires for anyone who wants to bring them to the Hamlet of Haslet, about 12 miles north of downtown Fort Worth, or 10 miles south of TMS. I work cheap too...
    Thanks! Is CC the payment of choice?

I have a feeling OzCop is going to have so much Canadian Club by the end of the year he could float a battleship.

BTW Phil - aren't you supposed to be in El Paso?
    Iain

We decided not to go. The car is still on jack stands in the garage, but will be picked up by Wayne today, and taken to Lewisville at 5th Gear for alignment and corner weighting. I hate to travel that far in a car that has not been tested, or properly set-up following major suspension stuff...We just hope the car will get out of its own way...
    OzCop
    MSM

Are you guys going to ER on Sunday?
    Iain

Yep, we will be there. I have to work at TMS all day Saturday, so Wayne will be dragging the car out there Sunday AM... All I have to do is drag myself out there, a perfect opportunity to take a crisp morning drive in the Miata...probably before daylight since I have to help with course set-up...
    OzCop
    MSM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12