Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I want to learn...

Default Things I want to learn...

I want to learn how to work with fiberglass and even do body work and painting.

I want to learn how to use a CNC machine to design my own alluminum parts. (My father-in-law has two machines)

I want to learn how to weld.

Thanks for listening.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    I want you to learn how to do those things too...
    Yea same here! Only thing I never could do well was weld!
    Last edited by POS Racing; 01-12-2006 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Bite Me!

Fiberglass is nothing difficult. Make friend with people who sail and make their own boats, they usually know there stuff.

What kind of CNC machine's does he have?

Welding itself is not that complicated, but being good at it is a whole different story. It's all in the welder settings and lots of practice.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Yea same here! Only think I never could do well was weld!
    ...and spell!

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    ...and spell!

S.

Maybe POS can't spell sometimes but at least he doesn't click on all the Gay links and then post them here
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I want to learn how to use a CNC machine to design my own alluminum parts. (My father-in-law has two machines)
    Getting someone to program the machine is the easy part. Designing parts worth machining in the first place - now that's the hard part.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer
    Maybe POS can't spell sometimes but at least he doesn't click on all the links and then post them here
    Now now riverracer, that was a stuffed pikachu in the movie clip, no actual pikachu were harmed!

Now now riverracer, that was a stuffed pikachu in the movie clip, no actual pikachu were harmed!
    yes I know....
    I just wonder where srivendel buys his hats?

I'm not sure how this thread turned into discussion of Pokemon and gay dudes in pink hats but to answer Miatamoto's question. I have no idea what types of machines he has. I just know they have various bits and leave lots of metal shavings. They also cost a lot of money.

He has a small but very busy shop near Wichita Falls. I asked him to make some small and reletively simple alluminum pieces last summer and still haven't seen them.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I'm not sure how this thread turned into discussion of Pokemon and gay dudes in pink hats.......
    It is strange how all your threads always seem to go that way black roadster...

..................................................................................
    It is strange how all your threads always seem to go that way black roadster...
    I don't care who you are thats funny...

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Getting someone to program the machine is the easy part. Designing parts worth machining in the first place - now that's the hard part.
    Anyone have a copy of AutoCAD? Been a while since I used the program but I was awesome at it in high school, even won awards and stuff for mechanical design and for my architectual design plans! Or just doodle a bit and send that to the machine::Artist::

I'd like to learn to solder. I can weld pretty good but can't solder to save my life!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

No... I'll use anything but AutoCAD... They are 100% software Nazis... and a founding member of that eBay VERO stuff... Read their software license - if you resell your copy, you are violating your EULA and the person buying it is a software pirate with an unlicensed copy.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    No... I'll use anything but AutoCAD... They are 100% software Nazis... and a founding member of that eBay VERO stuff... Read their software license - if you resell your copy, you are violating your EULA and the person buying it is a software pirate with an unlicensed copy.
    I bought my AutoCAD used. You have to buy the company and its assets to comply with the eula. You can buy ACAD light off of ebay kindof cheap.

I've used ACAD for 15 years and love it It does what I ask it to do. I've tied to use intellcad but did not like it as much. I have never used anything else, so maybe I don't know any better. I'm a Land Surveyor and I use only about 10% of what any cad program provides
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

So who here can weld??

I welded once in high school.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Quote Originally Posted by blackzx3_13
    I welded once in high school.
    So just yesterday! Sweet!

Punk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast