Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funky 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Debuts

Default Funky 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Debuts

Well, it ain't pretty, but it looks like it would be pretty kewl for serious off-roading with the family. I wonder if this will affect Toyota's FJ Cruiser sales....

S.

odd.. but I like it!
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

I saw the new FJ at the autoshow. Its nice and utilitarian like a good off-road vehicle should be. But I have to admit I would prefere something like the 4 door Wrangler. It just looks better and I prefer a solid axle up front to IFS like the Toy has.

I like that better than the current unlimited and it better than the FJ cuz I can't get past that ugly C-piller. It'll be interested to see how this looks with half doors and a soft top. I agree solid front axle is the way to go.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Thats all nice and all, but who is going to do some "real" four whelling in a 30k truck . NOT me I still miss my 79 FJ40 to this day .

And where is the winch gonna go?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim
    Thats all nice and all, but who is going to do some "real" four whelling in a 30k truck . NOT me I still miss my 79 FJ40 to this day .

And where is the winch gonna go?
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a real dog off-road.

The highly capable underpinnings of Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X and Sahara models include an enhanced Dana 30 front axle and Dana 44 rear axle – each featuring larger pinion shafts, pinion bearings and axle joints for increased durability compared to its predecessor. Engineered to take on the most demanding trails, the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon model features enhanced heavy-duty Dana 44 front and rear axles, which also feature larger pinion shafts, pinion bearings and axle joints.

Providing armor for the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited’s underbody components are three skid plates – protecting the fuel tank, transfer case and automatic transmission oil pan. Two-wheel-drive Jeep Wrangler Unlimited models feature one skid plate to protect the fuel tank.

Four-wheel-drive Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X and Sahara models feature the second-generation Command-Trac® NV241, part-time, two-speed transfer case, featuring a 2.72:1 low-range gear ratio. An optional Trac-Lok® limited-slip rear differential provides extra torque and grip during low-traction situations.

The all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon model features an Off-Road Rock-Trac™ NV241 two-speed transfer case with a 4.0:1 low-range gear ratio, as well as electric front- and rear-axle lockers, Active Sway Bar System and 32-inch B.F. Goodrich Off-road tires.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel
    Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a real dog off-road.
    S.
    As long as that turkey is your not going to be able to get everywhere a classic short jeep can go.

...who is going to do some "real" four whelling in a 30k truck ...
    You mean there are real, four wheel, capable trucks to be had for less than 30K?

Not that I think that it will not be a capable off road truck, but rather who is going to offroad a 30k truck?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

A few more pics. This is the most interesting thing Jeep has released in a while...

S.

Not that I think that it will not be a capable off road truck, but rather who is going to offroad a 30k truck?

Me.

Before I knew better I had bought a 2001 4wd Dodge Durango ($34K). I took it off-raod all the time. Then I decided I needed something I was not afraid to beat on so I got an old CJ and traded the Durango in on a Ram.

Sad that a basic truck like these now cost frikken 30k..

I saw the FJ up close at teh dealer and wans't real impressed... the thing is monsterous. IF this starts around teh same price (22-24ish) then maybe.. but not at 30k..

FWIW, they should have put the 4.7L in there
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Here it is with the half-doors. Looks much cooler... :afro:

S.

With the half doors it reminds me of the Old Jeepster Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk
    With the half doors it reminds me of the Old Jeepster Commando.
    Yep... The first think it reminded me of was an old Jeepster that my parents had when I was a kid.

I bet they sell the hell out of those things. Toyota should be eyeing this one very carefully. I'm sure there will be a big initial run on the FJ Cruiser, but I see something like this Wrangler Unlimited having real staying power in the market.

S.

Damn Titus your dad has had some COOL cars!

Those lights in the bumpers aren't going to last long out in the rocks.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast