Thread: Damage Spark Plug-Need removal tool

Default Damage Spark Plug-Need removal tool

Guys,

I got a spark plug that is stucked, stripped. Anyone got special tools to remove this?

Is it stripped where it just spins in the cylinder head, or is it just stuck were you can't get it to move.

Or is it a combo deal where the plug is stuck but you have rounded of the flats on the plug so it just spins in the socket?

Ouch! That doesn't sound to fun to fix since the spark plugs are down a hole. Good luck though.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

POS, the spark plug is round. The socket just spin. I'm looking for one of those MetWrench socket they used to advertise on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by boost'n View Post
    I'm looking for one of those MetWrench socket they used to advertise on TV.
    Try these guys. I'd find out what the O.D. is on one of these sockets since you have tight fit to get to the plugs on a Miata.

I have a Metrinch set if you want to swing up to McKinney to see if we can loosen it. It has both spark plug sockets too.

However, regardless of what the commercial says, these can not get every stripped bolt ot nut. I had a stripped seat bolt and the Metrinch couldn't get it.

I ended up using this. It wouldn't work on a Sparkplug though.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Don't be shy with the PB Blaster before you attempt to remove this plug!