Thread: People are such JERKS....

Default People are such JERKS....

Wife just got back from the bookstore in her 97 Grand Cherokee...

Someone in a purple car hit her on the driver's side while she was inside the store.

The plastic panels on the driver side door and front fender are damaged. The driver's door panel was on the ground.

Nice purple streak on it where the car hit it.

<rant>
    ARRRRRGH! Why are people suck jerks as to not leave a name/number when they do this?
    </rant>

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Sorry to hear that RJ. That really sux!

Default Re: People are such JERKS....

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    <rant>
    ARRRRRGH! Why are people suck jerks as to not leave a name/number when they do this?
    </rant>

RJ
    Because they have been conditioned by society to refuse to accept responsibility for their own actions.

I once had the pleasure of catching a woman in the act of leaving the scene after hitting my old Tacoma. I was walking out the front door of an Eckerd's as I watched a woman cluelessly back her Suburban into my parked truck, look around furtively (she knew she had hit it), then start to pull away. I stepped up to her passenger door and rapped it hard enough with my fist to dent it, at which point she stopped. She rolled down her window, and I had the pleasure of informing her that it was my truck she'd just used as a parking guide, and that if she didn't put her truck in park and step out immediately that I'd report her for hit & run.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Well,

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

We went to 2 dealerships to get the parts... got the Jeep reassembled and looking good again, but on the way home Murphy struck.

The Jeep beeped and on the console said "replace battery." To top it off, the voltage meter dropped to zero.

Turns out the battery shorted internally and was VERY hot when I took it out. Let it cool, went to the local auto parts store, got a new one, and installed it.

So it's been a car day today... Body panels and batteries for the Jeep, and a new chrome gas door for the Miata. (well, we were next door to the Miata dealership while getting Jeep parts...)

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    Well,

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
    I thought for a moment that you had happened along the above mentioned offender.

Let's hope the jerk gets what he/she deserves.