Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to town looking for autoX

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Default New to town looking for autoX

So far all i have found it dates for national stuff.
    the solo is miami was ever other weekend at 1 of 4 locations, is it like that here or what?
    the dallas scca/solo site i saw didn't give me much info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    the solo is miami was ever other weekend at 1 of 4 locations, is it like that here or what?
    Which solo site did you go to? SCCA has a few locations here, Pennington Field in Bedford, The South Bus lot at Texas Motor Speedway, the infield road course at TMS. This year they also started running at the Mineral Wells airpark, and a new place, LaGrave Field in Ft. Worth. There are other clubs, Equipe Rapide, which runs at Pennington and Mineral Wells, as well as, the North Texas S2000, BMW, and Porsche clubs. They mostly run at Mineral Wells.

www.autocross.com/texasregion Texas Region SCCA

www.autocross.com/er <Equipe Rapide

http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox.shtml S2000

http://mav.pca.org/Events/AX.asp Porsche club

http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross.html Lone Star BMW
    Last edited by blackzx3_13; 12-10-2006 at 02:22 PM.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Season is currently over but we will be starting again in February or March.

we only had scca solo, witch club runs to most local crosses?, local as in dfw area and the the most often

we only had scca solo, witch club runs to most local crosses?, local as in dfw area and the the most often
    You can pretty much run ever weekend when the season is in full swing here in the DFW area!

Equipe Rapid ran 9 event this season, and so did the SCCA, think most of the local clubs run about 8-9 event a season.
    Last edited by POS Racing; 12-10-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: added stuff!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

witch club runs to most local crosses?, local as in dfw area and the the most often
    Like POS said, you can find an AX most any weekend from Feb-Nov.

SCCA, ER, NTS2K, Porsche and BMW are the clubs that come to mind. Check the Calendar tab on top of the page and you can review this past year.

I noticed that Maverick PCA scheduled a few races on the same day as others. March 25 (ER and Porsche) and April 1 (BMW and Porsche). I would like to run in the Porsche events, but I will have to defer to the competing clubs on those days, as they have better classes. (Porsche makes me run with all Japanese cars, including WRXs and Evos.)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I noticed that Maverick PCA scheduled a few races on the same day as others. March 25 (ER and Porsche) and April 1 (BMW and Porsche). I would like to run in the Porsche events, but I will have to defer to the competing clubs on those days, as they have better classes. (Porsche makes me run with all Japanese cars, including WRXs and Evos.)
    Say it isn't so!

errrr to many rules to read, want to run stock class (think my miata is SC class in scca) but by feb i will have my intake, exhaust and springs in. did some wet runs in some parking lots today around light post and cubs, holds nice in the wet and only wiped it once but i clutch kicked to get side was in the first place =P

Does any one drive around looking for empty lots and just set up some marks and then do runs? thats what we did on none autox weekend for practice and it was good fun tell you have to tell the cops why to drive around with road cones and do not cross yellow tape rolls

Does any one drive around looking for empty lots and just set up some marks and then do runs? thats what we did on none autox weekend for practice and it was good fun tell you have to tell the cops why to drive around with road cones and do not cross yellow tape rolls
    eh no i dont see that happenin cuase i dont feel liek going to jail and having to call my wife to come get me clear across town cause my car has been impounded and all srots of other headaches that i dont need due to having been silly and tried to practice at autocross thats nothing at all that i want to be doiung anytime soon but thanks for the idea even though i dont believe that anyone may partake due to the fear of what i metnioned above

I wasent going too respond but like I don't wahnt to like get involved wit enything illeagal as my car is dope and dont whant to rap round anypole either.
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    dont whant to rap round anypole either.
    I'm not sure if you go fast enough to do that.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

hee hee......

I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Remember to read the crocodile hide thread. But really, reading your thread hurts my brain.

Side note: Reminds me of BAM 5 years ago.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

well in miami it wasn't illeagal and i tryed to find out if it was here or not but can't find any no taking over parking lots for a night laws 0_o

figured i would ask

Cool

well in miami it wasn't illeagal and i tryed to find out if it was here or not but can't find any no taking over parking lots for a night laws 0_o

figured i would ask
    By the way, if you keep typing like that, be prepare to get lots of as people on this board try and decipher what you're trying to say.

And before you get offended, read this...

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    mE ROTE THAT AND EYE USED A SPEAL CHEEKR
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    mE ROTE THAT AND EYE USED A SPEAL CHEEKR
    You may get your point across better if you type differently than you normally do..

09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast