Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the Road Again

Michael The Schmeckel Ted the Red's Avatar

Default On the Road Again

"Baby I am on the road again"

I mean after a week on jack stands Ted is back on all fours and tear up the asphalt. I got a ton done.
    1.) I was able to get the seatbelt tower brace installed.
    2.) I changed the engine oil.
    3.) Changed trans fluid,
    4.) Change the oil in the dif.
    5.) Replaced the PCV Valve.
    6.) I got the struts and springs installed on the rear ( look for DIY soon ).
    7.) Replaced the right rear brake caliper and rotor.
    8.) New brake pads all the way around.
    9.) I added some door sil protectors.
    10.) I replaced a bunch of missing interior parts.
    11.) Added carpet to the gas fill / vent shield in the trunk.
    12.) I got started on adding a power antenna.
    13.) I replaced the metal panel under the steering column ( missing when I bought the car)
    I still need to finish my Interior Light Mod, and the power antenna which I still need parts for.

While attempting to repair a crack I also managed to break the rear finish panel that goes between the tail lights. It ended up in about 50 pieces. It broke into about 4 large pieces and the rest is just shrapnal. I am going to see if I can find a replacement that costs less than an arm and a leg... I checked with the stealership and all I have to say is .

Oh well at least I can drive it again.
    Last edited by Ted the Red; 02-27-2007 at 12:12 PM.

You picked the WRONG panel to break! Not only are they hard to find, but they are EXPENSIVE......

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    You picked the WRONG panel to break! Not only are they hard to find, but they are EXPENSIVE......
    That is for sure.... I am looking on e-bay and checking at the local wrecking yards hoping to find one... The dealer wants about $400.00 for them new. like I said

If I end up not finding one I have a friend that can work wonders with fiberglass and CF so I might try gluing it back together and then fiberglassing the back and then either CF on the outside or just repainting the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    Congrats!!
    Hooray for me, I actually made a spelling error and was able to correct it before Treibenschnell caught it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Ted the Red View Post
    Hooray for me, I actually made a spelling error and was able to correct it before Treibenschnell caught it.

I only do that with meat-shield boy, what's his name... damn... I already forgot.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I only do that with meat-shield boy, what's his name... damn... I already forgot.
    Miatamoto??

Got all excited when I saw this thread.....I thought it was 3 Bean
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    Got all excited when I saw this thread.....I thought it was 3 Bean
    Nah, that's the day that the devil orders all the heaters that Home Depot has in stock to try and thaw his house.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Miatamoto??
    Still waiting...
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

While attempting to repair a crack I also managed to break the rear finish panel that goes between the tail lights. It ended up in about 50 pieces. It broke into about 4 large pieces and the rest is just shrapnal. I am going to see if I can find a replacement that costs less than an arm and a leg... I checked with the stealership and all I have to say is .
    Find one for me too. Mine is cracked beside the license plate and another part just cracked on the left side right under the trunk lid. I don't know how it happened...

Maybe I should get one of the aftermarket replacement panels
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
    Find one for me too. Mine is cracked beside the license plate and another part just cracked on the left side right under the trunk lid. I don't know how it happened...

Maybe I should get one of the aftermarket replacement panels
    Whatever you do don't take it off and try to fix it...... Or if you do be sure that you get all of the nuts, and plastic tree things off and be very careful when handling it.

I hear Mazda Heaven over in Mansfield might be a good place to check for your filler panel... I need to go over there sometime and browse just for the hell of it.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

BTW, nice job on all the other stuff! Which interior light upgrade did you go for? I just got done with the Moss footwell light kit, and it was actually a snap - and a HUGE improvement. I mean, WHO PUTS THE ONLY INTERIOR LIGHT ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR WHERE IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD?!?!?!

'94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I hear Mazda Heaven over in Mansfield might be a good place to check for your filler panel... I need to go over there sometime and browse just for the hell of it.
    I have already checked... The guy said that he had one in the yard and it was like $180.00. My dad and I looked around and we only found two.... Both were briken and missing pieces.... At least I have all the pieces for mine.

Checking out the Parts Group, they say the have several collors to choose from for $150.

Linkie
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

BTW, nice job on all the other stuff! Which interior light upgrade did you go for? I just got done with the Moss footwell light kit, and it was actually a snap - and a HUGE improvement.
    Well I am going for the GLR (Guerro Loco Racing) that's me , mod. It is most like the "Interior Light Kit" from Moss. The mod I have come up with uses a set of those APC "ricey" side marker lights and only costs about $10-$15 compared to the almost $40 that Moss wants. I have already modified the stock interior lights to use white LEDs which helped because those little lights don't do that much. I also have a mirror I got from the salvage that has map lights on it. I think that I might be able to hook that up to work like a dome light as well!

I mean, WHO PUTS THE ONLY INTERIOR LIGHT ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE CAR WHERE IT DOES ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD?!?!?!

In my 1990 there are two lights from the factory... one on the underside of the dash for the driver and one for the passenger... but those just don't give out enough light.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio-Active View Post
    Checking out the Parts Group, they say the have several collors to choose from for $150.

Linkie
    Thanks,
    I will have to give them a shout... I see that the top one on the stack is the right color. My dad and I are going to take a trip to AL to visit my uncle and we will mostl likely make Parts Group a stop on the way... There are a few things that they have that I want / need like a door, the finish panel, and a wind blocker. They seem to have really good prices and if we are out there we can save on the shipping, which is probably pretty hefty for those larger parts.

I have already modified the stock interior lights to use white LEDs which helped because those little lights don't do that much. I also have a mirror I got from the salvage that has map lights on it. I think that I might be able to hook that up to work like a dome light as well!
    Cool! I wanted to see if I could hook up some lights in the mirror, and I may still try that if I come across a mirror that will work. Let me know how that part of it goes!

In my 1990 there are two lights from the factory... one on the underside of the dash for the driver and one for the passenger... but those just don't give out enough light.
    Lucky dog you! At least you started with two!
    Last edited by trickyrix; 02-28-2007 at 09:31 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Cool! I wanted to see if I could hook up some lights in the mirror, and I may still try that if I come across a mirror that will work. Let me know how that part of it goes!

Lucky dog you! At least you started with two! [/quote]

The mirror is already in the car. I need to find the connector / wiring that is on the car side so I can get it wired up. I might call the dealer and see if they have it and how much.. If they don't I guess that it is off to the salvage yard again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast