Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 96 owner

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    Can we assume you fixed the worn wiring first?

If you washed the engine and had problems from water in the connectors, make completely sure the wiring has had time to dry out before you start swapping parts to find the problem. Next, do you know anybody with a similar car you could swap known-good sensors with? To answer your question directly, i believe the OBD codes don't give you enough information to differentiate which sensor (or sensor circuit --> wiring) is bad. Are you anywhere close to Track Dog or Rogue? They might have spare parts around to try.
    I called and left a message for Rogue, hes about 1.5 hours away. Ive got no idea who track dog is. Im hoping that everything is dried out by the time i get back to the car today. A guy in Sachse was nice enough to let me leave it in his carport overnight instead of along the street.

BTW its much easier to push the miata then the buick i was in before

Track Dog Racing's website.

They're in North Dallas, just north of 635 (basically south Garland). If you're in the Sachse/Wylie/Murphy area, they're not far from you.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I called Mazda, including Rosenthal. They say there are currently 4 CPS's available in the United States, and none are in Texas.

huge thank yous to Abe here in Wylie, and Gary at Track Dog racing. Abe Loaned me a CPS and a CAS to install in case those were the issues, and Gary answered several phone calls, with complete patience, giving insight as to whats going on.

Car still will not start.

I have replaced the Camshaft Angle Sensor, and the Crankshaft sensor. I have cleaned the MAF, checked the fuel pump, all connections are connected, all vacuum lines plugged in. ive replaced the plugs, ive blown all connections with air.

The closest its come to starting has been with the CAS turned to the maximum in one direction. It almost feels like the timing is so far off the car cannot start, but im not able to move it anymore.

Is it possible that the timing belt jumped a tooth or something similiar? And if so, what do I do to correct this? I do not have a timing gun.

I have been laid off for several months and am now working again, (David McDavid Honda of Frisco), if i can get to work.... After trying to fix this for 2 days im out of money until payday and getting kind of desperate. This is why im beating this to death here on this forum.

FINALLY. After 3 days of troubleshooting and taking my car apart then putting it back together i found a voltmeter and tested the connection to the CAS. both of the wires that should read at 5v were dead. tugging on them lightly tore them apart from the connector. So I jury rigged some connections and the car starts fine. In fact, it feels smoother than it ever has. So now Ive just got to find a new connector and splice it in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12