Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2006 Miata Sport

Default FS: 2006 Miata Sport

Hey guys...time to sell my baby to make room in the garage for a boat. Check out details here:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/625944737.html

Cheers

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Purdy car. Anyone want to buy a red '99 Sport-ectomy?

Beautiful car. If I didn't have one already, I'd scoop this one up in a heartbeat!

Great price too!
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

ditto!, I would have bought this a couple months ago.
    99 Miata Black

hmmmmm..... too bad it's a 6-speed
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Great color, works very well on the MX-5. I wish I could afford to upgrade my daily to a NC.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Default Too bad?!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post

What do you mean too bad its a 6-speed...do they make anything else???

Default Motivated to sell...

Come on guys...tell your buddy's...I am a motivated seller here...will even throw in a Cobra radar detector that is hardwired.

Can't get a new toy until old toy is sold...CEO's orders.

Default I've seen your car posted before...

..unfortunately, I bought mine a couple of weeks before I saw yours. Come out to the wednesday nite get together.

From what i have been reading the 6 speed is a much better gearbox than the 5 speed version.
    I have read the 5 speed is prone to breakage and being unreapairable short of a complete rebuild, and the 6 speed just breaks the 3-4 shifter fork and they have a forged version of that...once that's done it's supposeed to be pretty solid.
    And from my understanding the SPEC racers are choosing 6 speeds after breaking their 5 speeds.
    99 Miata Black

Boy thats tempting... great price!

Default Gearbox

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    From what i have been reading the 6 speed is a much better gearbox than the 5 speed version.
    I have read the 5 speed is prone to breakage and being unreapairable short of a complete rebuild, and the 6 speed just breaks the 3-4 shifter fork and they have a forged version of that...once that's done it's supposeed to be pretty solid.
    And from my understanding the SPEC racers are choosing 6 speeds after breaking their 5 speeds.
    Agree...the 6 speeds are a little "notchy" when they are brand new but after about 10k miles and some Redline MT-90...its smooth as silk now.

Lots of callers and emails but no buyers. Hate for it to go to Carmax but will have no choice if no takers by May 1.

Default Wed night??

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    ..unfortunately, I bought mine a couple of weeks before I saw yours. Come out to the wednesday nite get together.
    How does one find out where/when the Wed. nite outing is? Mailing list...specific thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    Just the opposite, Billy. The 6-speed was the required transmission for Pro MX5 for the first year and they were lots of trouble. Year two had an option and almost everyone went to the 5-speed. Year three, 5-speed is now the required transmission. The cars are faster with the 5-speed....................

On the street, the extra gear is useless. First gear is the same ratio, sixth is the same ratio as fifth in a 5-speed. All you do is add an extra shift in between. I was always skipping third or fourth.
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)

Just the opposite, Billy. The 6-speed was the required transmission for Pro MX5 for the first year and they were lots of trouble. Year two had an option and almost everyone went to the 5-speed. Year three, 5-speed is now the required transmission. The cars are faster with the 5-speed....................

On the street, the extra gear is useless. First gear is the same ratio, sixth is the same ratio as fifth in a 5-speed. All you do is add an extra shift in between. I was always skipping third or fourth.
    Interesting... granted this comment is 10 months old, but 2007 Mazda Cup Champ Jason Saini says HERE: We have since gone back to the 6-speed, as despite it's problems, is a much stronger/beefier and better transmission.

My 5 speed hasn't given me any trouble yet. And yes, the six speed is just another shift step, both have same final drive ratio.

Runis: Look under drives and events for Eastside WNG. Wednesday Nite Get-together. Usually we meet in Plano but the location isn't decided on until Wed. afternoon. Be great to see your NC there.

thats the article i read too Titus.
    99 Miata Black

I conceed to Jason........ He's the man :)

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Interesting... granted this comment is 10 months old, but 2007 Mazda Cup Champ Jason Saini says HERE: We have since gone back to the 6-speed, as despite it's problems, is a much stronger/beefier and better transmission.
    Yep. In fact, the Mazda 6-speed on the MX-5 is good enough that Mazda his ditched the craptastic Aisin 6-speed in the '04-'08 RX-8s and put the MX-5 box in for '09.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Yep. In fact, the Mazda 6-speed on the MX-5 is good enough that Mazda his ditched the craptastic Aisin 6-speed in the '04-'08 RX-8s and put the MX-5 box in for '09.
    You're just mad cause yours crapped out, twice I had 0 problems with my 6spd transmission in my 05.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast