Thread: Tuning?

Default Tuning?

Anyone know of any Hydra tuners (with dyno) in or around Dallas ? When my warranty goes im planning on going all out. I've thought about Xede but it just seems you have more options with Hydra. Hydramist would make a nice addition as well..Any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Roy

You might talk to Magma, as he has a Track Dog Racing specal and is getting 217hp at the dyno. Gary from Track Dog Racing is a local supplier and visits the forum ocasionally. Shawn(Magma) is usually at the Wednesday night Get togethers in Plano.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Hey, thanks ..Yea, i've talked to Gary a few times (nice guy) and i'm planning on going through him for suspension upgrades so thats good to know they can handle that as well..Any upgrades on your Mazdaspeed?

Any upgrades on your Mazdaspeed?
    None other than a Gentek auto diming mirror(A near must have) and a set of 15" Kosie K1-TS rims. Just about to hit 50K this week.
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

I had my Hydra setup installed and Tuned by Steve Khan @ gotham racing in the north part of Ft. Worth
    Blah blah blah!

Thanks...
    Last edited by MSMMica; 01-23-2008 at 10:43 PM.

How are his prices? I checked out his website but its pretty vague..Were you happy with the tune you received?

Whoa , nice car! MiataMike..

I really think Im going to go with the Begi kit , but I rather run the Hydra ..How is yours running?

Its $500 for the initial Dyno Tune. I haven't had any issues with the tune itself. I did have an issue with the Hydra flooding the car; but it was a self induced problem and was not related to the tune at all. He even retuned the car for free the day before MSR last year after I had the flooding issue. Hes really a nice guy hes done a lot of Hydra installs; and is listed as the only certified Tech in Texas by HydraEMS to tune their ECU's. I plan on going back later this year when I get a few more things finished on the car to have it fine tuned. Also spend the money to have your Pipe double bunged so you can run the Narrow Band O2 with the Wide Band O2. The NBO2 will help the idle tremendously since the WBO2 doesn't tune well under 1500 RPM. He even has a Miata that he uses as his DD.
    Blah blah blah!

Wow, that seems like alot..Im sure theirs alot involved with tuning a Hydra though, and doing dyno pulls..I guess if you got not only a good tune but a safe one as well, thats all that matters.. Im def. willing to spend that kind of money for quality tuning...

Might call Tony @ T1 race development as well. That guy is a pro at AEM/Motec and can tune almost anything.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Might call Tony @ T1 race development as well. That guy is a pro at AEM/Motec and can tune almost anything.
    I spoke to him as well. Since he is down the road from my compared to across town. He has never done a Hydra ECU. And even though I'm quite sure he could do it I didn't want to be his first.
    Blah blah blah!