Thread: NA Seats

Suspension Modder

Default NA Seats

I have a 1991 Miata BRG, and it came with two tone seats (tan with black inserts). I am unable to post attachments here, but have some available for email if it will help. When I bought the car (used), I was told that these either came out of a later year Miata or are aftermarket. They have speakers in the head rest. I am trying to identify them if anyone can help me. Also, I am probably going to sell them and was curious what seats like these would go for? I have see prices on used seats from $200 to $550, so I am trying to find out what is fair. Any help that y'all could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Seats w/ headrest speakers that fit in a Miata are likely OEM seats. Headrest speakers were standard on the '91 BRG and available all years '90 through '97.

Two-tone upholstery is aftermarket - like Katzkins and others that are available from typical Miata vendors. Some had it dealer installed, though that would seem a little odd for a BRG that would have had leather from the factory.

There are 2 bottom cushion shapes in NA seats. Early seats - through about '95 appear to have a seat cushion with separate side bolsters. The later cars look more like a single cushion with integrated side bolsters.

Hope this helps.
    '96 M-edition

I sold the OEM black leather seats out of mine (I think they might have had aftermarket covers) for $125, IIRC - they were decent, but not in perfect shape... and they had head rest speakers.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Tire Warmer

Do you still have these seats? I just bought a 91 and the seats need replaced.

Blog Entries

If you want some seats, try craigslist. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1554378395.html It's from about a week ago, but they've been posted more than once. Check that ad out. This post is over 1.5 years old.

Unless your seats are destroyed, you could also check out getting them recovered. Katskins, leatherseats.com, etc.

And welcome.
    Last edited by Piff; 01-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.

I have some seats just like in the above post ill let go for $100.
    740-478-9675 -AJ