Thread: Nissan 370Z unwrapped

Default Nissan 370Z unwrapped

Looks like the wraps have finally come off of the upcoming 370Z. It’s not perfect, but it looks more aggressive than the current model. Power is rumored to be around 335 hp, and the car is supposed to be ~300 pounds lighter than the current Z. Sounds like a real Cayman killer to me!

From Autoblog:

Nissan's upcoming redesign of its Z car is almost here, and proof positive is this prototype caught cruising around in the vicinity of Germany's famed Nürburgring. The redesign is on full display here, with the boomerang-style headlights and taillights first seen on the new Maxima clearly visible. The whole front end is new but retains a visual connection with its predecessor, while big fender flares give away that the new car might be rolling on a wider track. There are also a few more kinks and creases on the new car, which are on display in the chunky C-pillar. We think it looks terrific as an attractive evolution of the current 350Z. The new car will change its nomenclature slightly to 370Z when it debuts this auto show season thank to the addition of Nissan's new 3.7L V6 that will be producing well over 300 horsepower in the new Z. Word has it that Nissan has also worked hard to address one of the biggest criticisms against the current car: weight. We'll probably have more spy shots of the 370Z as soon as Nissan begins running it around the 'Ring, and wouldn't be surprised to see the car officially debut at next month's LA Auto Show.

Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That is one of the ugliest cars I've seen lately...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I like it a lot better than the 350
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    I like it a lot better than the 350
    That's not saying much I'll be really impressed if it tips the scales at 3,000 lbs or less though. At 3,000 lbs and 335 HP that's an E46 M3 killer too.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

It's abut time the roof line looks more like a 240z. I wish they'd put the hood from this years car on it though.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

I agree it does look better than the current offering, but like DD said the current simpler hood would look better. Also I'm too to big on the center of the rear bumper. It could also use some more defined side skirts and a nice lip.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Looks like it will be just as full of blind spots as the 350z. Horrible to drive in traffic.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

and it still has the horrible door handles
    2005 Harkey-davidson lowrider
    2002 miata
    2009 klx250sf

I'd really like to see it w/o all of tape and BS on it. It has the potential to look more aggressive. It definitely needs more front lip.

There is no reason this car should be more than 2900 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sounds like a real Cayman killer to me!
    Actually, that would be a real Cayman S killer. The Cayman has a 2.7 engine making 245hp, whereas the Cayman S has a 3.4 engine making 295hp. So this monstrosity making 335hp would be more aligned with the S variety of the Cayman.
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    Looks like it will be just as full of blind spots as the 350z. Horrible to drive in traffic.
    I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if it has a more user friendly interior?

I'm holding judgment until I see pictures without the tape all over the car and website watermarks all over the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I'm holding judgment until I see pictures without the tape all over the car and website watermarks all over the picture.
    Good point. There aren't many good 2+2 coupes out there anymore, and at one time I was seriously considering the 350Z's Infiniti twin...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)