Thread: SCCA Road Rally June 20th

Default SCCA Road Rally June 20th

The third rally of the SCCA championship series will be held Saturday, June 20, starting in McKinney at 9am.

Thirty-three cars registered for the Rally to the Race earlier this month, and 31 started, including one Ferrari, two Lamborghinis, one Nissan GT-R, and five Minis!

The Rally Without a Name will explore back roads in Collin, Denton, and Grayson counties, with drivers getting about 3 hours of seat-time. Then we'll have an awards party at the Texas Roadhouse in McKinney for a late lunch.

Registration is through MotorsportReg.com, which can be accessed by tinyurl.com/RWN09msr . See the details on the flyer at www.texasscca.org/RWN09flyer1.pdf.

Join us!

sccarally

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    I would if you included a course map.
    You don't need no stinkin' course map, just a good navigator!

Me and my dad have been interested in doing something like this for a while. DO you have a link to the rules of a road rally?

I know that outright speed is not the point but it's kinda like a who can get closest to the "par" time type of deal right??

Heck I don't really know obviously lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

These are a ton of fun. You can learn a lot just wandering around trying to read the directions, but they are doing a school before the event:

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    The rally will start and end at the Texas Roadhouse in McKinney. Registration will be in the parking lot at 9:00am on Saturday, June 20th. There will be a required novice safety briefing at 8:30, followed by a short rally school (optional).
    All the details are on the flyer that is linked in the first post from sccarally
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
    Me and my dad have been interested in doing something like this for a while. DO you have a link to the rules of a road rally?

I know that outright speed is not the point but it's kinda like a who can get closest to the "par" time type of deal right??
    Yes, you can view the rules at
    http://www.texasscca.org/Championship07Rules.pdf
    These were posted a while ago, but they are very close to what we will use on the June 20 rally. If you go to tinyurl.com/RWN09msr and register, we will email the actual rules for this event to you, as soon as they are ready. Then be sure to attend the rally school during registration in McKinney.

Our club does TSD (time-speed-distance) rallies, that require a lot of math (some use computers), but this event is NOT one of those. Just a fun drive in the country, with some contests and puzzles thrown in so we know who to give the trophies to.

sccarally

Blog Entries

The wife and I are in. :)

Regards.