Thread: HELP PLEASE...best route to DFW Airport

Default HELP PLEASE...best route to DFW Airport

I have family coming up from 45 and they are going directly to dfw airport...can anyone tell me the best route from 45 to the airport's southside entrance? I am terrible with directions and I am not familar with taking that route. I looked at google maps but I am geographically challenged....any assistance is greatly appreciated! (Nails is out of town otherwise I'd ask him, he's pretty familar with most of DFW area).

THANKS!

If you know a route and can email it to me I would be really grateful. They just called me from Centerville so need a route soon.

cara dot friend @ gmail dot com

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I would suggest I45 to I20 West and then 360 North. Follow the signs to the airport.

If they were in Centerville, they should get here after the rush.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Coming from the south and going in the north entrance? Stupid google maps.

45 to 20 and north on 360 is the easiest way direction wise, but not the fastest. I used to commute that route every day to our offices at the airport and have tried every possible route imaginable. Fastest route even with traffic is I-45 to Woodall Rogers across to Stemmons then follow that to 183/Airport Freeway thru Irving to the DFW entrance.

20W and 360 get incredibly congested during rush hour.

Coincidentally, daughter#1 is coming up 45 today and is probably in the Centerville vicinity about now.

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    45 to 20 and north on 360 is the easiest way direction wise, but not the fastest. I used to commute that route every day to our offices at the airport and have tried every possible route imaginable. Fastest route even with traffic is I-45 to Woodall Rogers across to Stemmons then follow that to 183/Airport Freeway thru Irving to the DFW entrance.

Coincidentally, daughter#1 is coming up 45 today and is probably in the Centerville vicinity about now.
    This.

I thought there was a way coming through downtown but I couldnt figure it out. they arrived going the long way and still managed to get lost but met up with their contact in time. My sister is as bad as I am and she was driving...so guess the more direct route was best....the other would have confused her.

I sure appreciate all the input....I got lost coming home from Propwash, ended up in Ft. Worth...but was a nice night for a drive so didnt bother me. Lost Nails on the curves...he got back to the house about half an hour to an hour before me...

Are you smoking crack?

Ever drove on 183/Airport Fwy during rush hour thru Irving? It's a parking lot. Going thru downtown Dallas in the afternoon is a death trap for people who don't know the setup, especially trying to get on I35E NB from the Canyon.

Going up 360 in the afternoon is smooth, average over 70. Same for going on I20 Westbound from 45 to 360.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).