Thread: Time for new Hubs?

Default Time for new Hubs?

If you can move the studs in the hub. is it time for new hubs? The studs are able to be moved back and forth as the holes in the hub are worn and allow some movement. I think I just answered my own question
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

I'd be happy to come over and look at the car if you want someone else to look at it.

(817)-###-####
    Last edited by POS Racing; 07-11-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: removed phone # ;-)

The wheel studs are replaceable. You might have to replace bearings (depends on the hub set up) but they might just be able to be taken out and replaced by new ones. The biggest thing you need to make sure of is the back of the stud (the part that goes through the hub) is the same as the factory. Then a lugnut, a big nut that the lugnut can mate to and a impact to pull it through

I'll take you up on that. I'm in Dallas at track dog right now so i'll call you later.
    My old 99' My new 99'
    Remember folks, street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph. ~Jim Samuels

Quote Originally Posted by SilverToy View Post
    I'll take you up on that. I'm in Dallas at track dog right now so i'll call you later.
    Cool give me a call.

Did the new wheels include hub-centric rings?

I'm trying to figure out how the studs would have worked loose I put a lot of tires on and off that car over the 4 years of Autocrossing it and it never needed a stud replaced but my SSR's did have hub-centric rings and other than that it ran OEM wheels.

Let me try this again when I’m not driving and using my phone like the people I complain about.
    After going back over them after returning home, the studs are solid in the hubs; the holes in the disks (Hats) appear to be worn out allowing movement. The aria where the studs go through are a little flattened from rocking back and forth, but I have a new set of studs on the way anyway.
    My old 99' My new 99'

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It's OK if the rotors rock a little on the hubs. The wheel/lug nuts will hold it secure to the hub.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    It's OK if the rotors rock a little on the hubs. The wheel/lug nuts will hold it secure to the hub.
    Yep what Sammmm says!

The Rim keeps the rotor in place and the holes on the Rotor are larger than the wheel studs.