Thread: Gun Games 2010 Texas State Limited Championship

Default Gun Games 2010 Texas State Limited Championship

Pics and vids

Not as good as normal. Usually I finish somewhere in the middle of the pack. This time I was further towards the bottom due to a couple of big screw ups

Here are the videos. The only stage I didn't get a video of was the very first stage I shot as the guy running my camera accidentally hit the power button.

Last edited by jeepinbanditrider; 07-12-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive
    http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jeepinbanditride

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

GET DON'T, HE HAS A GAME BOY!!!

Looks like fun, I've thought about trying one of these out, but i'm so clumsy i'm sure i'd trip halfway through and shoot myself or somebody.

Is this one of those multiple gun types or can you compete with one pistol?I know they have thousands of different types of these things. How does one start this type of hobby? Just show up or is there training required?
    Are they nice to clumbsy newbies with Czech guns?
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 07-13-2010 at 08:56 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

A CZ?? Newbies are helped out a lot. No prior training is required just show up with a pistol and at least 3 or 4 magazines plus a holster and mag pouches. If you don't have something sometimes you can find someone to loan you gear but a holster for a CZ isn't a common thing at most matches not a whole lot of people run them in this area.

You don't have to move quick you can go as slow as you need to, to be safe. What I shot in the videos was a pistol only match they do have 3-gun and multi gun matches with pistol, rifle, and shotgun there are fewer of those though than just straight pistol matches.

Google "dallas action pistol shooters" for more info on matches in this area. The only ones I know of that are close are around the North Western part of Dallas. The next closest is up in Wichita Falls at the Double Tap Ranch. If you'd like, me and a guy at work are going to start going to the ones in Dallas, you're more than welcome to come out at the same time and I'll play the mentor. The guy from work is going to be new at it also.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Blog Entries

Most tactical matches are designed to simulate street situations for law enforcement and self defense. One pistol is standard. I started the tactical pistol matches at DPC back in '89 and Greg Brandstatter took it over in '90. The matches have become less practical and more gamer over the years and may be more fun as a result. I am for anything that improves the competence of anyone carrying a firearm in public. Greg is with Blackwater in the suck right now and I have retired from shooting but I am glad to see the sport still going.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

^Creek, yea i've been thinking more about trying this out after we talked at your shop.

It's CZ's brand new polymer pistol, P-07 DUTY, It's a duty pistol so it would perform very well in a combat scenario, but it's brand new so holsters and magazines for it will be even less common for another few years. I only have 2 magazines and an IWB holster for now, not looking to buy an OWB anytime soon as it's usless to carry with one in Texas. I don't suppose an IWB CC holster would work for these competitions would it? Might be an excuse to buy more magazines...hmmm. Not likely to get the wife on board for that one haha, I just bought a rimfire rifle.

Do they rent pistols and gear by chance?

I'd love to be legally doing something more exciting than standing there shooting one static piece of paper though, and I agree this would definitley benefit anyone who carries in public.

What's the price to compete? How many rounds per session usually?
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 07-13-2010 at 11:39 AM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

IWB holster will work just tuck your shirt in around it and you will be good for local matches.

All of the carrying I do is in OWB holsters so they are not useless you just have to dress with a shirt that is a little looser than normal.

Round count varies depending on how many stages they have setup and the round count for each stage. For a local match plan for anywhere between 100 and 200 rounds just to be safe. A lot of times you won't even use up 100 rounds but it's better to have more than you need.

As for the rental guns I have no idea I've never shot at any of these ranges in Dallas. Price to compete varies by match IIRC the Dallas Action Pistol shooters set their up for 11 dollars per match but you also have to pay the range fee which is another 10 or more dollars so for a local match plan for 20-30 dollars per match.

The match I was shooting in the videos cost me 150 dollars and ran for Saturday and Sunday. I'm looking at going to a big match up in Tulsa, OK at the US Shooting academy that is going to be 240 dollar entry fee but have 16 stages and a lot of ammo expended. I'm going to have to crank up my reloading bench to get some ammo punched out for that.

But you usually only look at 100+ dollar match fees for the larger regional, state, and national matches.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive

Blog Entries

Jiggerachi,
    It would be easier to start with one of the steel matches, less equipment is required and you can start with the gun in the "ready" position in novice class. Check out the DPC website: http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/competition.php

The "real steel" and "metal mania" matches are a great way to get away from paper targets. Kind of like a shooting gallery with real guns. Rental guns are not available and neither is ammo. It's a club, not a business so bring gun, magazines, ammo, hearing protection and eye protection. Ammo should be 200 rounds at least. It depends on how much you miss seeing as how you keep firing until all plates are hit. Entry fee is $10.
    Stripe Das Sape

Blog Entries

Is that a ghost ring I see?
    Stripe Das Sape

Not quite. The rear sight looks like a ghost ring type arpeture, the front site is a tube with a fiber optic piece in it. I haven't looked at the new rule book yet but I thought those sights weren't allowed in Limited, single stack or production. But I'd have to double check I don't go out there to be competitive just have fun which I do.......a lot lol.
    2004 Saturn Ion Redline
    Wrong Wheel Drive
    1992 Grey MX-5
    Right Wheel Drive