Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas ProSolo March 26-27

Default Texas ProSolo March 26-27

March 26-27
    Hosted By: Texas Region SCCA

Site: Mineral Wells Air Park - 6178 Columbia St, Mineral Wells, TX76067

Note - Camping is allowed on site. There are no RV hook-ups on site. Gate access into the site is closed from 11:30pm to 5:30am.

Food vendors will be on-site during Saturday & Sunday competition times! Additional food is available within a short drive. (Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, Walmart)

Event Fees:

$99 before 4pm Friday, March 11th. $135 after that date & time. ($75 additional fee for phone in Registration)

**Last day to cancel and receive a refund of the Early entry fee is Friday, March 18.

Online Registration - **Online Registration closes Monday, March 21st
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/E5A6A1E8-E43E-E339-2276A0A4BEFD4A07

Fax Registration Form: http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo_Forms/2011%20ProSolo%20entry%20form.pdf

SCCA ProSolo National Office Info Page:
    http://www.scca.com/eventitems.aspx?item=398&event=17167&hub=3

Texas Region $30 Rebate Program:
    http://texasscca.org/LinkClick.aspx?...B8%3d&tabid=82

Event Schedule

Friday

2:00pm - 4:00pm..... Solo Passport holders express check in
    1:30pm - 2:00pm..... Evo Hole Shot Drivers Meeting (Requires resistration prior to event)
    2:00pm - 3:00pm..... Evo Hole Shot Practice Starts
    3:00pm - 6:00pm..... SCCA Practice Starts **Ticket sales end at 5pm
    3:00pm - 3:30pm..... Evo Hole Shot Wrap Up Meeting
    3:00pm - 7:00pm..... Tech Inspection
    4:00pm - 7:00pm..... Mandatory check-in/ Registration (No new entries after 7pm)
    6:00pm.................. Novice meeting
    6:00pm - ???.......... Welcome Party
    6:00pm.................. Course open for walking
    7pm....................... Chiefs Meeting

Saturday

7:00am - 7:45am..... Late Check-in/Tech **Pre-registered entrants only**
    8:45am.................. Heat 1 to Grid
    Course Closed for Walking
    Worker check-in for Saturday morning session
    9:00am.................. First Car Off
    5:00pm - ???......... Saturday BBQ Dinner / Party - on site under the Main Tent (FREE to all entrants)
    Party & Dinner Sponsored by: Vorshlag Motorsports

Sunday

7:30am.................. Heat 1 to Grid
    7:45am.................. Worker check-in for Sunday morning session
    8:00am.................. First Car off
    1:00pm (approx)...... Ladies Challenge
    Bonus Challenge
    Super Challenge
    3:30pm (approx)...... Trophy Presentation

All Parties & Dinners are included in registration fee!

Motels:

Best Western - (designated headquarters hotel)
    4410 HWY 180 EAST
    Mineral Wells, TX76067
    (940) 325-2270
    30 Rooms blocked
    Parking lot works well for trailers!
    $59.95 per night + tax, **Must ask for SCCA rate!

Days Inn Suites
    107 Washington Rd.
    Mineral Wells, TX76067
    (940) 468-2727
    15 rooms blocked. **Newest hotel in Mineral Wells, about 1 year old. Indoor pool and hot tub, hot breakfast each morning.
    Special rate of $69.99 per night + tax. **Must ask for SCCA rate!

Comfort Suites
    105 Karl Kessler Blvd.
    Mineral Wells, TX76067
    (940) 327-0077
    Special rate of $79.99 per night + tax, *Must ask For SCCA rate!

Holiday Inn Express
    6801 Hwy 180 E
    Mineral Wells, TX76067
    940-325-7829
    10 Rooms blocked. (Nice hotel but not very conducive for trailer parking.)
    Special rate of $79.99 per night + tax. **Must ask for SCCA rate!
    Last edited by autoxmax; 02-20-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Pro-Solos are a blast. If you have not tried one, do it, it will not get any closer than this.
    M3 is always the answer.

I'm in. Would not miss it for the world.

Contrary to what most people think, you don’t have to be a “Pro” to attend this event.

Just because you see the word “Pro” on the event name doesn’t mean you have to be some kind of “Pro” driver/ autocrosser! In fact, even if you’ve never been to an event bigger than some of the local events, you can enter this event.

There’s even a way for you to do practice starts on the Friday before the event from 3pm to 5pm. If you would like some instruction, The EvolutionSchool folks are offering a school called the “EVO Hole Shot” on the Friday before the event at the site.

For those not familiar to what a ProSolo is, here’s a description from the SCCA National webpage:

The Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo® combines the excitement of drag racing and the skill of Solo on side-by-side, mirror-image autocross courses. Lining up at the familiar “Christmas Tree” start, drivers compete heads-up in various classes by combining their fastest times from each course. After class competition is completed, all ProSolo events feature the top drivers from each class, competing head-to-head in a variety of single- elimination, handicapped Challenges. The Gumout Super Challenge determines the Top Eliminator for the event, the Ladies Challenge draws from the two Ladies classes, the Honda Tuner Challenge draws from the six "Street" classes, and the Bonus Challenge is for those who have not qualified for one of the other challenges.

An added “perk” to a ProSolo is all the runs you get. Way more than a regular autocross! 4 runs Sat. morning, 4 runs Sat afternoon & at least 4 runs on Sunday morning. More if you make it into the Challenge portion on Sunday afternoon!

Some important dates to remember here - The $99 “early” entry fee ends at 4pm on Friday, March 11th! The fee then increases to $135.

Online registration closes Monday, March 21st.

Remember, if you’re a Texas Region SCCA member you get a $30 region rebate if this is your 1st ProSolo event. That means your real cost is only $69 to enter this event!

That’s essentially only $34.50 per day. Plus, you get a Dinner / party with FREE beer on Friday Night & Saturday Night!

Shoot me an email if you have questions - [email protected]
    Last edited by autoxmax; 02-20-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    FREE beer
    I don't think you used a big enough font for this portion.

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    I don't think you used a big enough font for this portion.
    Correct you are sir!

FREE BEER at the Friday & Saturday night parties!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

where the HELL are the ES entries? I'm bringing a M edition with a friend on off the shelf HD bilsteins...so obviously nothing to worry about...just wanna do a pro again :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

I am trying to go. Should know by the end of the week. Someone has fill EMod

I am registered.

I highly recommend that any STR class drivers take full advantage of the free unlimited beer the night before each event (assuming you are not driving that night of course).

I may have a conflict with the event unfortunately. Who can I talk to about a late arrival on Saturday?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by jbh View Post
    I am registered.

I highly recommend that any STR class drivers take full advantage of the free unlimited beer the night before each event (assuming you are not driving that night of course).
    All registration & admin is handled by the National office. Shoot Nancy Downing an email. Her address is on the online reg page to the bottom right.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    All registration & admin is handled by the National office. Shoot Nancy Downing an email. Her address is on the online reg page to the bottom right.
    I think you meant to respond to this...

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    I may have a conflict with the event unfortunately. Who can I talk to about a late arrival on Saturday?

Darn iPhone!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Default ProSolo T-Shirt

Now available for online purchase -

2011 Texas ProSolo T-Shirts.

Guarantee your event T-Shirt before the event by purchasing your shirt online!

T-Shirts will be available for pick-up at the event site from the Texas Region event staff.

Just follow the link to place your order & pay online.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/12B752FF-CFD0-BFCD-95ABD9A9FC340C42

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Hey Autocrossers!

The 2011 ProSolo in Mineral Wells is just around the corner. ProSolo events haven’t had very good attendance over the past years in Texas. In fact, the last ProSolo scheduled in Texas had to be cancelled due to poor registration numbers.

Looking at the recent entry numbers, the 2011 event is starting to have the same problem.
    As most of you know, Texas Region & Houston Region are already offering a $30 rebate program for 1st time National Tour and/or ProSolo entrants to members in each of our respective regions. This rebate program hasn’t seemed to spark enough interest for the ProSolo event & we need to do something about it!

We want to see the ProSolo program succeed in Texas & return!!

Several of you have spoken to me about having the two National events back to back in Texas & have cited this as a reason for not attending the Mineral Wells ProSolo.

So, Texas Region SCCA is announcing another incentive never offered by any other region in the past.

As a way to encourage entries for the Mineral Wells ProSolo, Texas Region is offering a $30 rebate to folks that attend both the Houston National Tour & the Mineral Wells ProSolo. Doesn’t matter what region you belong to, as long as you are a current SCCA member!

It’s this simple; if you enter BOTH of these events, you’ll receive a $30 Texas Region SCCA rebate. The rebate may be applied only to Texas Region regional event entries or merchandise (such as the Texas ProSolo t-shirts, $15 per shirt).

If you are interested in taking advantage of this rebate program, please follow these steps:
    1). Register for both the National Tour and ProSolo events as you normally would (rebate money cannot be applied to either the National Tour and/or ProSolo event registration fees).

2). Once you have completed the National Tour and ProSolo registration process, please notify the Texas Region Solo Registrar, Matt Lucas at [email protected] . He will verify your registration. Once verified, you will be notified that a rebate credit has been applied to the Texas Region MotorsportReg event registration service for redemption.

If you would like to use the $30 rebate for the event t-shirt purchase, follow this link after you receive rebate credit. (Please purchase your t-shirts before March 16th to assure that we have enough shirts in production.) http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...ABD9A9FC340C42

Or if you would like to attend a future Texas Region regional event, simply go to our calendar page in MotorsportReg and register for an event: www.texasregionsolo.motorsportreg.com

**As an added incentive for entrants registered in both the Texas events, the National Office is offering $10 in free Practice Start Coupons for the ProSolo Friday afternoon practice start session.

Why is Texas Region offering this rebate program?

Simple, WE WANT THE ProSolo TO SUCCEED & RETURN TO TEXAS!

If the 2011 event doesn’t attend well, there’s a good chance the ProSolo series will not return to Texas!

Help us keep the ProSolo Series in Texas!!

Please note: The 1st time entrant rebate program is separate from this program. Entrants can’t participate in both rebate programs.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Brad Maxcy at [email protected].

Bay Town (Houston) National Tour Registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/9E6CA66B-DB42-E0F8-0126414A0B376FDE

Mineral Wells ProSolo Registration link:
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...76A0A4BEFD4A07

Thanks for your time!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Asst RE - Solo
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Glad to see that you've stepped up to offer something to us "grizzled veterans" as well as the newbies!

Any chance that the $10 in practice start coupons can also be used for T&T runs at the Houston Tour? I'm signed up for both events, but I won't be in Mineral Wells early enough that Friday to take advantage of the practice starts.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Glad to see that you've stepped up to offer something to us "grizzled veterans" as well as the newbies!

Any chance that the $10 in practice start coupons can also be used for T&T runs at the Houston Tour? I'm signed up for both events, but I won't be in Mineral Wells early enough that Friday to take advantage of the practice starts.
    The incentive program is being funded on Texas Region's dime. We don't have anything to do with the Houston Tour.

Sorry!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

shameless bump!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Registered!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

I think I'm gonna try this one...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast