Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NTAXS Autocross #2, 4/16/11, TMS Bus Lot

Thanks Guys, The course turned out a lot harder than I thought it would be. After dirving it, I would have moved the cone in corner 3 out about 6 inches (I hit it 3 times), and moved the last cone in the 3 cone slalom out about 3-4 foot. I think the rest of the course drove well.

I had a fun time Saturday.

Good job getting the results posted so fast!

Looks like POS is 1 of only 2 drivers with 8 clean runs.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Cheater wing.

POS didn't listen to me... I told him in the morning he was supposed to knock over the uppity cones.

Another dirty weekend for me.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    ...Another dirty weekend for me.
    Cheater wing!!

Thanks Guys, The course turned out a lot harder than I thought it would be. After dirving it, I would have moved the cone in corner 3 out about 6 inches (I hit it 3 times), and moved the last cone in the 3 cone slalom out about 3-4 foot. I think the rest of the course drove well.

I agree with your critique, the "box" at the top by the stop sign was a bit painful especially if you were carrying any sort of speed into it. I tried to flat foot it and wiggle by but punted it a few times. The slalom was a bit tight but I think it was good in that it slowed you down for the sweeper after. I probably would have blown through the sweeper way too hot if the slalom didn't force me to slow down a bit.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    I was glad to return the favor. I hope you enjoyed it at least half as much as I enjoyed driving your car. Thanks again!

I forgot just how much fun the NTAXS group is. I'm glad I came out. Thanks y'all!
    I absolutely did thanks again for the opportunity. You should visit with Jim H about the Penske's I think you'll like them even though your wallet might not If you're interested in an Elise you're always welcome to drive mine again.

BTW was your fastest clean time in the afternoon in my car or your car?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Although it didn't help the fishmonger got me by 0.034

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Cheater wing.
    Not at Club Jimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    POS didn't listen to me... I told him in the morning he was supposed to knock over the uppity cones.
    Sorry I let you down.....

It was a fun course nice job Robert!

Good job Robert, the box was painful, but overall the rest flowed well, and gave good freedom to pick lines and speeds, but rewarded looking ahead, and setting up early. Thanks :)

I did not think the box was that bad, just a bit of a wiggle. I did like the Jones curves as well.

Thumbs up

It was great to see Miatamoto at the event signing autographs and pushing his new line of die cast.

It is such a joy to see they young autocrossers eyes light up and hang on everyone of Miatamoto's words!

He is like the Autocross Santa to those kids!

Agreed with wannabe DK. The box drove 10x better than it looked on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    He is like the Autocross Santa to those kids!
    And all he gave me was a flat tire.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I absolutely did thanks again for the opportunity. You should visit with Jim H about the Penske's I think you'll like them even though your wallet might not If you're interested in an Elise you're always welcome to drive mine again.

BTW was your fastest clean time in the afternoon in my car or your car?
    I was a bit faster in my car. I coned both of my runs in your car and didn't get a time for the first one. 48.639+2 in yours, 48.339 in mine. I was definitely leaving a good chunk of time out there in the Lotus. You didn't seem to have any trouble finding it though.

Just a thought regarding how my car transitioned out there - with the lower grip level of the bus lot compared to Pennington, I expect it would be worse in transitions. Then there's the difference of Jim's Hoosiers to my Kumhos... Maybe the thing to do is get Jim to drive my car and his back to back at an event when I'm on Hoosiers and see what he thinks.

I was a bit faster in my car. I coned both of my runs in your car and didn't get a time for the first one. 48.639+2 in yours, 48.339 in mine. I was definitely leaving a good chunk of time out there in the Lotus. You didn't seem to have any trouble finding it though.

Just a thought regarding how my car transitioned out there - with the lower grip level of the bus lot compared to Pennington, I expect it would be worse in transitions. Then there's the difference of Jim's Hoosiers to my Kumhos... Maybe the thing to do is get Jim to drive my car and his back to back at an event when I'm on Hoosiers and see what he thinks.
    Good point, concrete vs sealed asphalt. When I drove Jim's car it was on some Goodyear R comps though, not A6's. Not sure how big of a difference in that tire vs. the A6.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I actually bought those Goodyears from Jim. Maybe I need to give 'em a try.

I actually bought those Goodyears from Jim. Maybe I need to give 'em a try.
    If you need an impartial third-party to judge the tires, then I guess I could find the time to test them on your car at the next AX.

Anybody take any pictures at the event??

I think photography/videography should most definitely be a work assignment option!
    2008 Evolution GSR

I'll do photography assignment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345