Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/30 Dallas Karting Complex Results

Default 5/30 Dallas Karting Complex Results

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we had a BLAST. We each did 3 sessions for $60. There were 22 of us, so we broke in to 2 run groups. The first session was practice, Session 2 was qualifying, and then there was a consolation race and a Championship race, each with an F1 style start. Here are the results:

Consolation Results:
    1. Nails
    2. stupidfast900
    3. Canadice Stein
    4. Titus
    5. george
    6. Cell
    7. Bird325
    8. Simon
    9. Amir Fathi
    10. Paantastik
    11. Sean

Championship Race:
    1. Eli
    2. Ken O
    3. SixAce
    4. Marcus
    5. Eugene
    6. joel taylor
    7. altain
    8. LUIS
    9. Mike Chen
    10. Justin
    11. tehjeffman
    12. nails*

*By winning the consolation Race, Nails earned a spot in the championship race, but having to race back to back seemed to be a little too much and he ended up coming in early.

To give you an idea of how fast the Karts are, the track is .8 mile and the faster drivers were getting in to the 1:13s.

So, besides the standings, how was it? Worth it? Better than expected? Etc, etc...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    So, besides the standings, how was it? Worth it? Better than expected? Etc, etc...
    I thought it was great. The facility is top notch, the staff is great, the track is very nice and has something like 14 different configurations that can be run, very worth the price, and the carts are a lot faster than I expected. I heard at least 2 or 3 of the guys seriously contemplating buying a Kart and getting a membership. I went and checked prices on used karts on Craigslist as soon as I got home.

I was robbed!!!
    It was a blast, great facility.

Race #2 opening lap.
    Last edited by ken o; 05-30-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    M3 is always the answer.

Definitely a great way to waste an afternoon. I had a blast! Unfortunately, after qualifying 4th for the feature race I learned that hung-ho passes are a good way to move backwards. apparently I'm a better time trialer than W2W racer.

I had a blast, and I'll definitely be back. Great people, great facility, great fun. If you didn't go you missed out!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

That beat the hell out of me. Lotsa fun but next time I'm wearing a back brace, padded bike shorts, and gloves.

Thanks for posting the pic and vid Ken!

that was fun, but my back and outer thighs are a mass of blue. i have a feeling many of us are gonna hurt in the morning. nails, jeffman, qwan and i did a 4th race for $10 more. well worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i'm pretty damn sore. had a great time -- many thanks for organizing this event! i'm still amazed that i made it into the championship race. y'all are intimidating lol
    - luis
    '99 NB1

Fun, competition, laughs, great facility, outstanding hospitality by the staff, amazed that they let us do the practice, qualifying, and side-by-side rolling start for some great w2w racing. The karts are stout, Nails and I had a pretty good head-on contact at a pretty good clip in the practice session and nothing broke and we were unharmed for the most part.

Apologies to Marcus for tagging him pretty hard in the big braking zone, putting him in the wall. Glad you only lost the one position (now that I think of it, I should have let you get the spot back, sorry!).

Had a great view of the leaders (Eli and Ken O) and was secretly hoping for the classic takeout so 3rd could slip by for the win, but they raced hard and clean, so I had to finish behind Ken O's stupid bimmer again , wait, umm, check that, never mind..

About 220 miles found trip from my place and worth every mile.
    Good times, good times.

Driver

I checked the video. Ken's pass was clean, but when he got passed, it was not clean... but rubbin's racing.

Unless you're me, then the signup for rally is over there ------>

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    I checked the video. Ken's pass was clean, but when he got passed, it was not clean... but rubbin's racing.

Unless you're me, then the signup for rally is over there ------>
    I knew it. I was going into the turn fine, next thing I was sideways. Some have skill, some don't.
    M3 is always the answer.

- luis
    '99 NB1

i had a BLAST! apologies if i ran into anyone. i get over excited and my competitive side takes over so i get too aggressive. in the end it hurt me despite the day's 2nd best lap time.
    i wish the track wasnt so dang far from me

- luis
    '99 NB1

Driver

If you were wondering what the slow guys looked like...

AKA how not to drive a kart!

Driver

Dude... my back is soooorrrreeee.

Every turn on the way to work was a reminder...

I keep finding new parts of my body that are sore and/or bruised every time I move.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast