Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy a Miata Battery

Default Best place to buy a Miata Battery

As I'm unable to get my current battery charged more than 70% I am looking for a new one. I got this on at VatoZone, but they no longer carry the AGM version so the TCB exchange option is out

From reading other forums it looks like this place is still the most TCB friendly place to buy a battery. http://www.staabbattery.com/category...Batteries.html

Before I pull the trigger is there any local place to get one that is close to this price?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Don't want to run you off or make you mad. But we have had get service out of the staab battery we put in the wife's miata.

That's it! You people SUCK I'm leaving!!

When did Autozone stop carrying Miata batteries? A friend of mine just picked one up last weekend for $93+ tax ($135 without a core). Includes vent tubes too.

Maybe it was Advance Auto? Dunno, I always get those two confused. I had to give him the part# off my battery though - the counter guy claimed they didn't have any either until then.

I remember reading that East Penn is the manufacture of both the Westco and Marathon batteries AND they have a location not 3 mile from my house that I drive by every day. They will even sell to the general public and all things equal it is only $2.46 more to have it now. For future reference the part number is 8AMU1R $93.48 + tax http://www.dekabatteries.com/

I have one of these in both of my Miatas and have been happy with them so far:
    http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...ttery&pt=C0423

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    When did Autozone stop carrying Miata batteries? A friend of mine just picked one up last weekend for $93+ tax ($135 without a core). Includes vent tubes too.

Maybe it was Advance Auto? Dunno, I always get those two confused. I had to give him the part3 off my battery though - the counter guy claimed they didn't have any either until then.
    They still have them, but I believe they are no longer AGM but rather wet cell. I'm going to double check on my way home tonight.

$2.46! Aren't you're a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    $2.46! Aren't you're a baller.
    Yeah I know, but that just means I can only get two tacos at Taco Bell tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    They still have them, but I believe they are no longer AGM but rather wet cell. I'm going to double check on my way home tonight.
    Did they change them but kept the exact same part#? That's kind of messed up. I made a point to tell my friend he needs the AGM battery, and like I said, I gave him the part# from mine. He said the part# was exactly what I gave him. That sucks if they changed it and didn't change the part# too...

EDIT: He got his from Autozone - just asked him.

and Taco Bell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Did they change them but kept the exact same part#? That's kind of messed up. I made a point to tell my friend he needs the AGM battery, and like I said, I gave him the part# from mine. He said the part# was exactly what I gave him. That sucks if they changed it and didn't change the part# too...

EDIT: He got his from Autozone - just asked him.
    No idea about the part number, but I remember when I bought mine years back that I had to go to three different stores before I found one that still had an AGM battery. Maybe they switched back? I hope so as then I can just exchange it and place my usual order at Taco Bell tonight

I got my AGM battery from Napa.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    and Taco Bell!!
    What can I say we're livin the good life

If you like I can pay you in tacos...

OK I just checked VatoZone's website and it appears they still carry the AGM battery as their part number is the exact same as the Deka battery I was looking at. The big question is how long ago did I buy it, but at least it has an 8yr warranty My guess is they will knock $5 off...

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    ... My guess is they will knock $5 off...

...In tacos, please.

AutoZone don't stock AGM's but O'O'O'Reiley does and the O is cheaper.
    Do I need to post the pic of the NON-AGM that exploded in my trunk?

Will that battery collect as much dust as the Miata it's supposedly going in??
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Will that battery collect as much dust as the Miata it's supposedly going in??
    Nah it's in the trunk and I keep it closed.

OK I stopped by VatoZone and while it is the same part number it is not an AGM battery. I'll be going with plan B but if anyone wants a cheap lead acid battery I can trade my old one if on a new one for $60.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast