Thread: LSCBMW AutoX #5 Saturday, July 13th Mineral Wells

Default LSCBMW AutoX #5 Saturday, July 13th Mineral Wells

Registration is now open for the 2013 LSC BMWCCA AX #5 Saturday, July 13th, 2013.

Even if you've never autocrossed before, come on out at give it a try. Instructors are provided for novices, and people wanting to try the sport.

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website http://www.lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $30 for BMWCCA members.

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Direct Registration Link: http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/Regis...1&EventID=5380

Registration for 2013 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 9PM the Friday before each event.

Tech Inspection:

All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am. If you don't attend this meeting, you will not drive in the event.

First car will start around 9:30am.

We will have 5 runs in the morning heat, and 5 runs in the afternoon heat. 10 total runs per driver!

Rides in instructor vehicles are free. A helmet must be worn. There are a limited number of loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet. (Helmets must be rated M-2005 or SA-2005 or newer)

Mineral Wells Airpark - 5300 Airport Road, Mineral Wells, TX, 76067

Please print, and bring with you.

Fun course today. Not often I get to wring out third gear to the limiter like that! Good job, Stated.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

It was HOT!!! Thanks for the feedback. It was the first event post stupid jimmy.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Fun course today. Not often I get to wring out third gear to the limiter like that! Good job, Stated.
    +1 on it being a fun fast course!

Lol, it autocorrected zrated into "stated"
    Polished Turd Racing

M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Lol, it autocorrected zrated into "stated"
    That's better than the usual, "Overstated."

Great day out there. It was hot, but things went very smoothly.

OZMDD did an awesome job of laying down some fast morning times, taking off early for a massage, and still maintained his FTD status for the rest of the day! Congrats!

Agreed - really really fun course layout. And thanks Ken for watering my tires before run 9, that shaved 2 seconds off my afternoon times - mental note, when the car says the front tires are over 200 degrees, that's too hot

And Armstrong, thanks for riding with and instructing Audra all day - she had a blast!

Last edited by UTenigma; 07-14-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UTenigma View Post
    Agreed - really really fun course layout. And thanks Ken for watering my tires before run 9, that shaved 2 seconds off my afternoon times - mental note, when the car says the front tires are over 200 degrees, that's too hot

And Armstrong, thanks for riding with and instructing Audra all day - she had a blast!
    Glad she had a good time and she did awesome. I had fun instructing. Hope she has the autocross bug now and will join the fun for more events. Definitely a fun fast course. The heat was brutal though.

Quote Originally Posted by revs View Post
    The heat was brutal though.
    It was downright cool out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    It was downright cool out there today.
    Thanks for rubbing it in! Radar looked like it was headed there so I chose to sleep. I was wrong.

Yep, hard to believe these two events were on back to back days. Conditions could not have been more different. Today was a bit cool and damp in the first heat, but it was worth it to have a 70 deg breeze all day at MW in July!
    Polished Turd Racing