Thread: 95 drive shaft bolt size?

Default 95 drive shaft bolt size?

Anyone know the size of the drive shaft bolts exactly? 2 junk yards I called don't have any and the dealer wants 6 bucks a piece.

Didnt get the bolts with the drive shaft I bought for my torsen swap and just realized the ones from my 90 are way too small.

I had the same issue. I THINK they were 8mm but they could be 10mm. Get one of each from the hardware store and size up the hole...then get the grinder out to make them fit. I got the 12.9 ones so they wouldn't break. I think they had flanges on them
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Mtrx804, did you call our forum sponsor, TDR? They have tons of bolts off of Miatas and are close to you. I even bought a used drive shaft from them. They have saved me from going to the junkyard many times!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Mtrx804, did you call our forum sponsor, TDR? They have tons of bolts off of Miatas and are close to you. I even bought a used drive shaft from them. They have saved me from going to the junkyard many times!!
    Yes, when I went there to pick up another part I asked if they had any spares and they looked but could not find any.

But that was as of Monday.

As of Thursday, no change. The drive shaft bolts are unique and thus difficult to find in our big buckets of bolts. Joe dug and looked but he couldn't find any.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    As of Thursday, no change. The drive shaft bolts are unique and thus difficult to find in our big buckets of bolts. Joe dug and looked but he couldn't find any.
    I appreciate yall taking the time to look. :)

Might just order one from the dealer and try to match it up at the hardware store.

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    I had the same issue. I THINK they were 8mm but they could be 10mm. Get one of each from the hardware store and size up the hole...then get the grinder out to make them fit. I got the 12.9 ones so they wouldn't break. I think they had flanges on them
    I just saw this post, not sure how I missed it. Thanks! I'll give those a try and go from there.

FYI part number from Mazda if you ever got desperate is p01225123.

I got 4 now.