Thread: One more worthless degenerate with a Miata, tuning in...

Tire Warmer

Default One more worthless degenerate with a Miata, tuning in...

First time Miata owner. Have had this car now thirteen years with 90,000 miles on it. Fracking truck donated a rock the other day. So much for the new paint. Too old to race. Me, not the car. Too old for a Kawasaki, too old to turn the wrench every time the car needs another aftermarket part, but still young enough to hang out at the garage with some great guys who just enjoy cars, which is their reason for working on them, buying and selling them, tweaking them, and so we go on together, with like interest. Thought it would be good to meet some of you guy's as well, with your great wise cracks and with occasional good advice to the weak. It's just good to be on the road in this little go-cart! One full degree from a morgue further than a being on a bike, or in some of the muscle cars i had when i was young! It would be good just to see some of you race! Some of you... As for the rest, we'll take pictures. I'm pretty good at that. My Best...

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Garage View Post
    First time Miata owner. Have had this car now thirteen years with 90,000 miles on it. Fracking truck donated a rock the other day. So much for the new paint. Too old to race. Me, not the car. Too old for a Kawasaki, too old to turn the wrench every time the car needs another aftermarket part, but still young enough to hang out at the garage with some great guys who just enjoy cars, which is their reason for working on them, buying and selling them, tweaking them, and so we go on together, with like interest. Thought it would be good to meet some of you guy's as well, with your great wise cracks and with occasional good advice to the weak. It's just good to be on the road in this little go-cart! One full degree from a morgue further than a being on a bike, or in some of the muscle cars i had when i was young! It would be good just to see some of you race! Some of you... As for the rest, we'll take pictures. I'm pretty good at that. My Best...

Welcome to the club... sounds mostly familiar. I was 67 when my first Miata arrived. My first Bugeye Spridget was much earlier.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome, have fun with your Miata. I was 60 years old when I got my first Miata. We have an 80 year old that is still autocrossing.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Dave, love the post. Welcome! And you are never too old. Old is always your age + 10 years no matter what your age is.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

Welcome! Come out to any event or get together and just say hi. We love new faces, considering some of the ones around here.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Welcome! Come out to any event or get together and just say hi. We love new faces, considering some of the ones around here.
    Troof! Welcome! Come out to Kellers if you're in the area. One of the more come and go casual meets we have.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I talked to the 80 year old autocrosser yesterday. He reminded me that he started autocrossing when he was only 62. I started relatively early, I was 58.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I talked to the 80 year old autocrosser yesterday. He reminded me that he started autocrossing when he was only 62. I started relatively early, I was 58.

You kids!!!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

As the sign on a fellow axer's car used to say, "You are never too old to have a happy childhood." Enjoy and join us! Welcome
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Tire Warmer

The welcome is most appreciated! I'm gonna show up at the first event after I find my way out of the house. Wheels and tires are blocking the door out of the living room...