Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: front bumper

Unhappy front bumper

anybody have a spare front bumper not in use anymore? i was exiting on a highway and i got cut of by a car, i stepped on the brakes and swerved really bad til i hit the wall and messed up my bumper, please pm...
    10/30/06 - 93' black primered MX5 1.6L
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Quote Originally Posted by Mouglie
    anybody have a spare front bumper not in use anymore? i was exiting on a highway and i got cut of by a car, i stepped on the brakes and swerved really bad til i hit the wall and messed up my bumper, please pm...
    For what year?

Don't tell me you jacked up your 2001 again!

I know I have had small incidents, and the bumper was not badly damaged. I just had it repainted. Maybe you could look into that, unless you really clobered the wall.

Unhappy 2001 mx-5

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    For what year?

Don't tell me you jacked up your 2001 again!
    LOL, yeah, again... i was on georgebush turnpike and lookout dr... well i didn't lookout and a car cut me of so there i go ping ponging on the walls for the exit. so yeah, my 2001 MX-5 damaged the front bumper. i was thinking of an aftermarket bumper but if anyone has one lying around let me know...
    i had it coming, i haven't fixed my brakes so one of them gripped harder than the other side which caused me to fishtail at about 90mph... note to self, replace brake pads!
    Wiseco Pistons 9:1, Carrillo Rods, ARP head and main bolts, FM valves +1mm and stiffer springs, new lifters, main bearings, cometic head gasket, port and polish head, ready for boost....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    I know I have had small incidents, and the bumper was not badly damaged. I just had it repainted. Maybe you could look into that, unless you really clobered the wall.
    the bumper got scraped from the center all the way to the right headlight... headlights and fog lamps are fine, but the bumper has a hole in the part that hit directly, the rest could probably be sanded down or maybe some bondo. (which i don't like bondo)
    the cheapest i found yet was $162 for a plastic aftermarket bumper (very gay looking) so i'm offering a good $100 for an 01 stock bumper.... thanks.

i had it coming, i haven't fixed my brakes so one of them gripped harder than the other side which caused me to fishtail at about 90mph... note to self, replace brake pads!
    Erm... maybe you ought to worry less about the cosmetic parts of the car, and get the brakes, alignment, tires, and whatever other mechanical issues you've got fixed first.

From what you've posted on here, your car sounds like a rolling deathtrap.

Either that, or maybe it's time to start interviewing for a replacement angel.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Lightbulb i know...

at the speed i was going i would have expected more damage, and lucky that i didn't flip over... so props to my guardian angel considering this isn't the first time.
    I agree with fixing the more important problems rather than looks, i think i could do away with just getting a bra to cover the front bumper for the time being.
    i wrecked this saturday and all this time i was ok about it, everything's fixable, but all of a sudden it hit me, today, wednesday 12:02am, i feel like sh!t... thank you altiain, 3bean, majik, for commenting, atleast that makes me feel better...
    (now you'll think i'm a total dumbass after this) so i go sunday to the junk yards on grand prairie to find parts for my car , i went to all of them in a row and entered a place called Yello Belly... lol, yeah a drag strip. i couldn't resist so first car i smoked was an integra. next i raced a protege5 and lost to it by starting too late of the line. that same protoge5 beat a mustang GT, any miatas out there ever beaten any 8 cylinders?
    anyway i was wondering if any of you guys ever do drag racing? I would love to go there with a group to hang out with over the weekend if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Mouglie; 08-02-2005 at 11:24 PM.

facts

... i expected my car to be totaled after the crash but it didn't even turn off. so i checked the tire pressure - 38psi on the stock 16", the angle of the hit was about 140 degree against the wall and the car's main point of impact was on the it's right towing hook which by the looks didn't bend (only scraped) Right headlight's angle tilted about 5 degrees up, and bumper cover scraped from license plate to bottom of mid headlight. (i know pics would help)
    so my conclusion would be that with the tire pressure and bad brakes the car lost all grip from the road so at point of impact instead of a dead stop the car scraped and pivoted on the contact point while bouncing away because of it's lightweight......
    hmm, i don't know, what do you guys think? (other than what an idiot i am... )

perhaps you should slow down.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

hmm, i don't know, what do you guys think? (other than what an idiot i am... )
    Yep your an Idiot!

Do you not have insurance? I would suspect that with the headlight not pointing straight the mounts for it are broken. Those run about 300 each. Maybe you should turn this one in. Get it fixed right.

Arrow heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by jolberry

jolberry don't be such a sore loser just cause i didn't buy your tires. If you would have had them ready instead of hesitating they would have been out of your garage long ago...
    yah the headlight was a bit of but its fixed now, insurance really wouldn't help much and i'm about to cancel my extended protection plan cause that seems to be nothing but an extra payment.

jolberry don't be such a sore loser just cause i didn't buy your tires. If you would have had them ready instead of hesitating they would have been out of your garage long ago...
    Ouch, sounds like sombody needs to read the alligator hide thread!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Thumbs down

jolberry don't be such a sore loser just cause i didn't buy your tires. If you would have had them ready instead of hesitating they would have been out of your garage long ago....
    You need to cool your Jets Mouglie. I also called you and idiot, it was for you excellent driving skills that you keep telling us about on this forum.

Wrecking your car on the freeway doesn’t impress me in the slightest. Especially when you add in the facts the car has brake issue and you were doing around 90 mph when you lost control of the car.

What is your mindset when you type information like that on a public forum, do you think somehow someone is going to be impressed with your lack of skills, and total disregard for your own safety as well as those around you…….

^^yeah what he said...
    How I am no being a sore loser because you did not buy tires?
    You are the one who lost out on that deal.
    No more Miata

mouglie....It is better to be silent and be thought of as an idiot...than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!!!

Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Arrow yeah

apparantly you guyz aren't following your own advice,
    your alligator hide threat, lol.
    "If you don't like what I said, either change or don't worry about it."

so what exactly is jumping your jets POS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast