Thread: Cracked windshield

Default Cracked windshield

Well I have a small crack coming from a rock chip at the bottom of my windshield. And Titus hasnt even come over to visit. Is there anything I can do to keep it from spreading? It is a few inches from the bottom now, but it seems to spread everyday a little more.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Glass coverage is usually cheap if you claim it on insurance. The other option is to have the chip 'injected' and try to repair it that way.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    It is a few inches from the bottom now, but it seems to spread everyday a little more.
    And with the current day heat and night cool (relative) temps, it's gonna keep spreading.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    The other option is to have the chip 'injected' and try to repair it that way.
    You can pick up a TCB repair kit at Wally World, Vato-zone, or where-ever and repair it yourself. It'll help stop the spreading...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    You can pick up a TCB repair kit at Wally World, Vato-zone, or where-ever and repair it yourself. It'll help stop the spreading...
    +1 on the repair kits, I've fixed 2 rock hits on my windshield, and so far no spreading and it makes them less visible also.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

I found a mobile installer in Arlington that would do mine for $160 on the RSX. It's $920 at the dealership...
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Alright, so for the fix it kits I fill in the chip and the crack? I guess they come with instructions.

Exclamation

Alright, so for the fix it kits I fill in the chip and the crack? I guess they come with instructions.
    Provided the crack hasn't migrated clear across the windshield, yes. The instructions are pretty clear.

I got the windshield fixed on my 4Runner the insurance company reimbursed me for 100% of the repair.

Just be sure to follow the instructions exactly as described. Don't do like I did and try to apply pressure to the syringe (like you're injecting something) or else your chip will expand like a spider web before your very eyes.