Thread: Seat rail question - installing racing seat

Default Seat rail question - installing racing seat

One event in a stock seat and I have decided to upgrade to a racing seat. If possible I would like to use the stock seat rails. I read a post that someone was able to use the stock rails on a Momo T-Frame seat. Those are out of production now (and come to think of it, it is getting harder to find Momo seats in the marketplace).

Anyone know the measurement of the seat mounting holes on the stock seat rail? For instance I measured the mounting holes on a Sparco seat (center of hole to center of hole) and it was 13 3/8". Has anyone else mounted a race seat using the stock rails? If so, what types?

Thanks in advance!
    rob76turbo

There are many guys on this forum that will chime in with their experience.
    So you know, corbeau sells seat rails that will bolt right into a miata. I had a corbeau forza with the driver's side rail. (jeff_man now has it) I just recently bought a sparco sprint from drift devil. I purchased a passenger side corbeau seat bracket and then modified it to fit the sparco seat. Now the seat just bolts in.
    As far as side mount brackets go, memoryfab makes a set. I have a memoryfab seat with the driver's side slider as my track seat.

It might be a good idea to find a seat you like first and then see how you could mount it.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Yes, been sitting in them at various events and as a few Hi-pro parts stores. Like the Sparco, Corbeau and Momo (if i can ever find another one...).

Oh OK, NVM, proceeeed
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    There are many guys on this forum that will chime in with their experience.
    So you know, corbeau sells seat rails that will bolt right into a miata. I had a corbeau forza with the driver's side rail. (jeff_man now has it) I just recently bought a sparco sprint from drift devil. I purchased a passenger side corbeau seat bracket and then modified it to fit the sparco seat. Now the seat just bolts in.
    As far as side mount brackets go, memoryfab makes a set. I have a memoryfab seat with the driver's side slider as my track seat.
    Johnwag,

Do you have the Sparco on the drivers side or the pass side? If on the drivers side, did you use the corbeau pass side rails on the drivers side? Or the pass side rails on the pass side? Sorry I was not clear on that.

Quote Originally Posted by rob76turbo View Post
    Johnwag,

Do you have the Sparco on the drivers side or the pass side? If on the drivers side, did you use the corbeau pass side rails on the drivers side? Or the pass side rails on the pass side? Sorry I was not clear on that.
    The sparco is on the passenger side, but only on track days. I used the corbeau passenger side rails on the passenger side. You will need the corbeau driver's side rails to mount on the driver's side.

Yes, factory seat rails can be modified to fit just about any aftermarket seat, but in some cases it will elevate the seat. I don't know how tall you are, but in my case, that is not an option. If you want to sit deeper in your factory seat, I recommend de-foaming your seat. I have removed so much foam in mine, that the seat base and backrest have a "bolster" type fit. If you don't beleive me, come out Wednesday and sit in somebody's seat. We have a good variety of de-foamed seats...some are mild, some are more extreme. All are quite comfortable IMO. If you have NA seats without headrest speakers, they can even be modified for harness holes.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by boisking View Post
    come out Wednesday and sit in somebody's seat. We have a good variety of de-foamed seats...some are mild, some are more extreme.
    Where do you all meet on Wednesdays? Even this Wed, the 4th?

My seats are leather and I will probably end up selling them the both (not at one time, as I swap them out for racing seats). If someone is interested in buying the leather seat out of my 92 (with speakers in headrest), let me know. Very good condition for the age.

thanks,
    rob76turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rob76turbo View Post
    Where do you all meet on Wednesdays? Even this Wed, the 4th?
    NE corner of Park and Ciot, in the parking lot in front of Cici's and Escape (a coffee/tea place). Good question regarding the 4th, though.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Default Just ordered the seat!

I bought the Sparco Sprint 5 (or V as some call it) from OG Racing. Paid $299.00 with free shipping. I can hardly wait to get it!!!! Really wanted a red one, but got black because the red ones are on back order forever from Italy....

rob76turbo

you'll have to bring it out to the wed meet so we can see it
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)