Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LIghtening things up for 2007

Default LIghtening things up for 2007

Join SparkPeople

MME SparkTeam

As some of you know, I'm on a quest to shed weight this year... So far, I've ditched 30 pounds since last Thanksgiving.

I'd like to invite the rest of you to join me on this quest - not you skinny bastards, mind you... but the rest of us will feel better, look better (oh please!) and be faster with less baggage.

I'm using the free website SparkPeople to count calories, exercise and get motivation. If you guys are interested (and we get at least 10 participants) we can start an MME group on SparkPeople and award an MME T-shirt to the person with the highest Sparkpoint totals for February and March.

There's no cost to you, but it could change your life! Also... heh... please don't forget to support this site, as I need to buy some smaller pants.

Moderator note: Even though this thread is in bull, it will be moderated a bit more than most... so if you don't want to play, find another thread.
    Last edited by tailchaser; 01-30-2007 at 03:28 PM.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    So far, I've ditched 30 pounds since last Thanksgiving.
    Congrats! I'm already a member of SparkPeople (thanks to you).

Good job TC.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

I have been working on this same thing for the last 3 weeks. Not a member of sparkpeople but have been kicking my buttocks at the gym.

Good luck. So far I have gaine 2 lbs.

I just started a page... I'm going for losing about 30 pounds. I'm about to join the gym about 3 streets down and buy a bicycle.

When I worked at Wal Mart I was a stockman, meaning I did everything from clean bathrooms to push carts to do carryouts to everything else. I started work there and weighed 183 pounds, and in three months I was down to 154. Now that I have a less-active job I'm back up to 185 (or thereabouts). I'm shooting for a steady 155 in a couple of months... I hope. I saw the pics from my tech day and thought holy crap I need to lose some weight
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I'm not looking to lose weight per say, but fat for sure. Long gone are the days of 7% body fat. Damn desk job.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

So, tell us more about your regimen. Obviously watching what you eat since you won't go to Taco Bell for lunch anymore. What else are you doing?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    So, tell us more about your regimen. Obviously watching what you eat since you won't go to Taco Bell for lunch anymore. What else are you doing?
    Let's see... I gave up full-sugar soda - and since I don't like diet soda, I've essentially given up on caffeine. My lovely bride has joined me on this venture, and we're carefully measuring portion size on everything we eat.

I'm doing some kind of cardio exercise 5 days a week, and I'm doing the SparkPeople strength training regimen... although I need to start getting up in time in the morning to go to the gym to work on my knees if I'm going to keep running.
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Talking

...although I need to start getting up in time in the morning to go to the gym to work on my knees if I'm going to keep running.
    I'll be sure to call you at 5:45 on the mornings I get up early for school...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I'll be sure to call you at 5:45 on the mornings I get up early for school...
    Like the phone is scarier than a 47 pound border collie...

I edited the first post to make the join/team links prominent. Once you join, pop on in to the DFW Miata SparkTeam.

Sounds like a great goal guys.

I hear White Rock lake is an awesome run, especially on Saturday mornings. I plan to run the 10 miler or half marathon there when I get back.

Good excuse to go to Barbeck's afterwards too.

Chris

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

My lovely bride has joined me on this venture,...
    That will be a big help. If only one of you is working on the plan, it will be a lot harder.

I just joined the team.

For motivation, I am going to put a photograph of ratt_finkel on my frig.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    For motivation, I am going to put a photograph of ratt_finkel on my frig.
    Careful you don't die of malnutrition.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I'm doing some kind of cardio exercise 5 days a week, and I'm doing the SparkPeople strength training regimen... although I need to start getting up in time in the morning to go to the gym to work on my knees if I'm going to keep running.
    This is great TC.

You might consider using an elliptical or bike instead of running. Both are lower impact, and you will be less likely to be in pain.

Force yourself to drink 1 gallon of water a day. You'll pee alot at first, but as your body begins to make use of it, you'll feel better and won't require as much food to fill you.

Yup. Drinking my water.

If the weather is really crappy, I'll do the eliptical bike at the gym or ride the cycle indoors. Otherwise, I'd rather be outside. There are benefits from impact exercise that you cannot get from ellipticals or cycling. However, I'm not running more than 2 days/week.

Awesome TC!!! I need to do the same.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Alright, ya punks...

Cone-cerned is currently holding on in 2nd place, while Majik is a distant third with 2 points. I know some more of you guys must be at least remotely interested... I don't wanna have to give the t-shirt to myself!

Alright, ya punks...

Cone-cerned is currently holding on in 2nd place, while Majik is a distant third with 2 points. I know some more of you guys must be at least remotely interested... I don't wanna have to give the t-shirt to myself!
    I had more than 2 and then I lost interest. Does it take points away if you dont fill things out? Or is it just monthly?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    if you dont fill things out? Or is it just monthly?
    You're supposed to fill stuff out?

You sparked me to try to loose weight. Oddly, I have found it easier to improve my eating habits then getting motivated enough to join the site.

And to the s that made fun of my switch from my regular deep fried platter and Dr Pepper to a grilled chicken sandwich and diet coke at Hooters last week, BITE ME!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast