Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about an NC

Default Questions about an NC

For the guys who own the NC's
    Whats a good price for an NC with LSD and Bilstien's?
    Where did you buy yours?
    Thanks
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    For the guys who own the NC's
    Whats a good price for an NC with LSD and Bilstien's?
    Where did you buy yours?
    Thanks
    Ok I found what I think i am looking for the Sport w/ suspension package.
    How much do you guys think is reasonable to negotiate down.
    I have never bought a new Mazda so i dont know how much they will negotiate down on sticker price, and or if a particular dealership is more willing to negotiate on price.

I am looking at the burgundy color and a soft top with cloth interrior and a 5 speed. I will probably go test drive one sometime this coming week, maybe next weekend.
    99 Miata Black

FYI: The "Sport" level is not available with the suspension package for 2007/2008. To get the suspension package (and the LSD), you need to move up to the "Touring" which also includes the 6spd.

I don't really know too much about '07 packages. I would seriously consider buying used to let someone else take the depreciation hit.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    I don't really know too much about '07 packages. I would seriously consider buying used to let someone else take the depreciation hit.
    As I understand it, the packages are 99% the same for '06-'08. The big difference is that the "Sport" and "Touring" trims traded names. The '06 "Sport" is the same as an '07-'08 "Touring" and an '06 "Touring" is the same as an '07-'08 "Sport".

I am looking at the burgundy color and a soft top with cloth interrior and a 5 speed. I will probably go test drive one sometime this coming week, maybe next weekend.
    Hey uhhh....would it be too......uhhh...early to get some parts off that 99 that you aren't driving....It sounds like you won't need them with this plan.......
    Highlight Silver & Tan 99 "With a Style Bar"
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/riverracer
    Member AARP & Meals on Wheels.....
    Everything else just "Depends"........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer View Post
    Hey uhhh....would it be too......uhhh...early to get some parts off that 99 that you aren't driving....It sounds like you won't need them with this plan.......
    riverracer =

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    riverracer =

Here's a more recent pic....
    Attached Images Attached Images

alright another question, if I were to get the SV with the 5 speed could I add the LSD and my own shock and sway option? I know shocks are available but what about the LSD?

I know I would save a ton used but since I can't work etc etc the IT crash we never recovered from, my credit score is crap so I am working on a cash sale if at all possible. or a huge down payment.

and the way things are looking I probably will be parting the car down to the tub, I just have to figure out what still works so I dont pass the problem on to good people.
    99 Miata Black

You could buy an LSD and ad it to an SV later, but you might want to consider doing this with a base car as the SV does not have A/C.

I'm no expert Billy but why don't you find an NC that you really like and just drive it......?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by riverracer View Post
    I'm no expert Billy but why don't you find an NC that you really like and just drive it......?
    If you plan on tracking and/or AX'ing a car it's much easier to buy it with the desirable OEM goodies than to add them later (5-speed vs. 6-speed, LSD, etc) .

and the way things are looking I probably will be parting the car down to the tub, I just have to figure out what still works so I dont pass the problem on to good people.
    Did your car ever make it back to Gary's?

Does your Track Dog has Rabies.......

Wouldn't it be more cost effective just to get a nice low millage NB??

No, Gary hasn't seen the car yet...I am hoping he has time this week.

Then I expect he will diagnose the problem, at any rate the SC/IC is coming out for sale because nobody but Gary knows how to work on it and he is too busy. and I just dont want to be without a car any more without a plan.

Gary says my car is the only one that has had a problem like this, and to be honest I talked to several people who have SC's and they reported no problems so thought it safe putting it on the car.....all I know is it was running great before now it dont run.

I could sell the SC/IC and put in another engine if the engine is shot, but Gary says it's not the SC/IC and if it's not then it is the engine which John Day recently rebuilt.....so deduction tends to lean towards it's either a bad rebuilt or a faulty SC and powercard setup.
    Chances are I will probably never know.
    And at this point I just want to be rid of the damned thing.

Since I dont want to get into another situation where I have to do a rebuild at 50K on an NB I would rather just buy new or fairly new NC

Unless by some "miracle" my car comes back to life when the SC/IC and power card are pulled off the car and the stock injectors are put back in.
    If that happens i will probably take it back to John Day for a check-up to see if anything is damaged and continue to drive it since his work on the engine was great until the SC went in......but I doubt anything that easy and good is going to come out of this.....we'll see.

Did you ever wish sometimes that you could leave well enough alone? I sure wish I had.
    99 Miata Black

Did your car ever make it back to Gary's?

Does your Track Dog has Rabies.......
    Just a bitch!

Since I dont want to get into another situation where I have to do a rebuild at 50K on an NB I would rather just buy new or fairly new NC.
    Billy what makes you think they all need a motor at 50K?? There are plenty of NB's running around the DFW Area with 70K-150K miles with no issues whatsoever. Think you need to look out a bit further than just your car to base your opinions on the NB.

I may be off base but it sure seems like Track Dog isn't standing behind the work they did on your car.

.....so deduction tends to lean towards it's either a bad rebuilt or a faulty SC and powercard setup.
    Chances are I will probably never know.
    And at this point I just want to be rid of the damned thing.

Since I dont want to get into another situation where I have to do a rebuild at 50K on an NB I would rather just buy new or fairly new NC

Unless by some "miracle" my car comes back to life when the SC/IC and power card are pulled off the car and the stock injectors are put back in.
    If that happens i will probably take it back to John Day for a check-up to see if anything is damaged and continue to drive it since his work on the engine was great until the SC went in......but I doubt anything that easy and good is going to come out of this.....we'll see.

Did you ever wish sometimes that you could leave well enough alone? I sure wish I had.
    Billy, This is not catastrophic.
    You just have to find someone that knows that equipment and is willing to help.
    Did you find anything out on the powercard?
    How to manipulate the settings?

This is like when you spend days on the computer trying to do somthing, then some techie says "oh hit such-and-such" and its done.
    Then 20-20 makes you feel like a dumbass.

Billy what makes you think they all need a motor at 50K?? There are plenty of NB's running around the DFW Area with 70K-150K miles with no issues whatsoever. Think you need to look out a bit further than just your car to base your opinions on the NB.
    Ditto! 142K on my 94 and 95K on the 91! Both engines run like a top with nary a leak.

I may be off base but it sure seems like Track Dog isn't standing behind the work they did on your car.
    I would agree that the longer this drags on, the more that appears to be the case. Which is baffling to me, considering all the compliments I've heard here about the professional level of customer service provided in the past.

Billy- Did you get a stock intake and injectors yet? My offer to help still stands if you can come up with these pieces. I have a strong feeling that your problem is in the PC or the injectors. unless faulty, it is not possible for a PC to pull fuel, only add it. If the PC is faulty or mis-wired, you would get NO fuel to one or more cylinders. If it isn't the PC, then there has to be a clogged or faulty injector that is letting less fuel through then it is supposed to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast