Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Drive-In and more

Arrow Galaxy Drive-In and more

Trina and I are planning a drive down to the Galaxy Drive-In in Ennis.

We will also be spending the night in a B&B and we can check on group rates for those of you who want to make a weekend of it.

We have decided on the weekend of Saturday, March 15th.

So to re-cap,

What: Galaxy Drive-In and stay at a B&B (optional)

When:
    Saturday, March 15th, 2008

Where:
    Ennis/Waxahachie

More details to follow. We will likely plan a twisty drive down there and for those with significant others, Trina suggested shopping in downtown Waxahachie and the "guys" can find something else to do for a bit.

Please respond if your interested and if you know of any good roads to check out in the area.
    Last edited by black roadster; 02-16-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

We took the Hot Rods down to Galaxy to see American Graffiti.
    It was awesome with 100+ rods lined up and partying.
    Not far enough for a B&B, but there is a good little shihole bar across the street.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Count me and my SO in..............if we are not out of town working.

What a GREAT idea! I've wanted to go since they opened, this sounds like fun! :)

I have a schedule conflict with dates so have to wait and see.

Marked on my calendar. Real pretty bluebonnet country there in late March. FM 813 and 879 are some neat roads to take.

I had to change the date as the weekend of the 22nd is Easter weekend. (That's why there wasn't an AutoX.)

So it's now scheduled for one week earlier, on Saturday, March 15th. I know this won't work for the AutoXers but you guys AutoX nearly every weekend anyway and finding a free weekend is impossible.
    ...and across the line.

Any reason you didn't bump it up a week later to the 29th?

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I had to change the date as the weekend of the 22nd is Easter weekend. (That's why there wasn't an AutoX.)

So it's now scheduled for one week earlier, on Saturday, March 15th. I know this won't work for the AutoXers but you guys AutoX nearly every weekend anyway and finding a free weekend is impossible.
    Couldn't have made that weekend (22nd). This might be doable.

Chassis Designer
    Blog Entries

So are we going on the 15th? Want to meet somewhere and drive down together?
    Last edited by jsforrest; 02-20-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Chassis Designer

William, several LSMC'ers are interested, please post on the forum.

Unfortunately, I can't make it, I'll be running around SoCal. LSMC does this a couple of times a year and we have a great time.
    Bill Preston
    2007 CuRed PRHT
    Lowered, ram air, too much crap to list

I have a problem. Hopefully someone who knows the area can help. I don't know the roads down there well enough. Can someone suggest a good run in the area and/or maybe even lead it?

We are working out the Drive-in and B&B details but don't have the time to get down there and explore.
    ...and across the line.

Default Possible Route

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Marked on my calendar. Real pretty bluebonnet country there in late March. FM 813 and 879 are some neat roads to take.
    I haven't personally driven this route but looking at google maps perhaps we could take 983 out of Ferris southwest toward Rockett then 813 southeast through Palmer then east across Interstate 45 to 879 and take it southwest back to 45 and the theatre in Garrett.

I checked the Galaxy website http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com
    and it looks like we should arrive early in order to park as a group.
    They open at 6 and show starts at 8 on Saturday. Also they are a cash only operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    I haven't personally driven this route but looking at google maps perhaps we could take 983 out of Ferris southwest toward Rockett then 813 southeast through Palmer then east across Interstate 45 to 879 and take it southwest back to 45 and the theatre in Garrett.

I checked the Galaxy website http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com
    and it looks like we should arrive early in order to park as a group.
    They open at 6 and show starts at 8 on Saturday. Also they are a cash only operation.

We did this ride today on the motorcycles and the all the curves where fun, I had to slow down on my bike. Nails can post more about it when he gets the chance.

Was fun route. Ferris to Rockett and Rockett to Palmer was best. 879 back to Garrett was a bit straight. Yellow diamond signs were on average 15 mph lower and there was a series of esses followed by a right hand sweeper that had no yellow warning signs but should've. This was right before Palmer. Roads were smooth and clear except right past downtown Palmer were there was a spot that was a large gravel pit covering 75% of the lane. Travel time from Ferris to Garrett was maybe 40 minutes.

Want to lead the run for us?
    ...and across the line.

East from Palmer FM 813 to 660 then south to 34 over to Ennis. From Ennis you can go back north to Palmer on I45, or take old Hwy 75.

West side of I45 is pretty boring. Likewise getting to Palmer from the metromess. Straight down 45.

Default No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Want to lead the run for us?
    I don't mind mapping one out but I don't want to be lead car. I'm too slow and my car's mostly stock.

Default We still doing this?

Is this still on or being postponed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Is this still on or being postponed?
    I'm headed that way this weekend anyway as we have a place down there that needs some attention. If its still on, we'll take a run in the miata, otherwise I'll just take my truck so my dogs can take a ride out to the country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast