Thread: orange gunk shooting inside the cab

Default orange gunk shooting inside the cab

so umm ya i got this car couple days ag and the guy who had it before me...well didnt change anything ever...got it home next morning abd looked in radiator there was nothing in ther but orange clumps of dust and the aintifreeze holder was dry dip stick had nothing on it at all...but there was windshield washer fluid...thank god? lol so i flushed water thru the radiator and let it just run for a lil then filled it up and put antifreeze whereit should go and got full synthetic oil change (has 196k miles) and had them flush the engine for oil build ups...and while i was driving home took a corner kinda fast and SPLASH hot orange oily feeling stuff right on my foot any suggestion anyone

Most likely the heater core is leaking. That is the only place antifreeze is in the cabin. So you can block off the core, or replace it.

well car has no ac (would like to put that in) how would i go about fixing it?

It sets behind the center console, under the dash, which has to come out to get to it.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Replacing will be expensive if you can't do the work yourself, the heater core is time consuming to get at. It can be easily bypassed by rerouting hoses in the engine bay and that's what I would recommend if you feel you can live without a heater. in a convertible. in Texas. in July.
    John O.
    94R

ya even in winter barely need it but ya it only happens it when I'm racing and going round a corner fast but ya ill probably end up pulling dash out because I wanna put ac in it that even with a convertible need ac lol

Funny, I'm about to tear the a/c out of mine. Let me know if you need a part of it. The heater core should be pretty easy for you to bypass in the mean time so you don't have coolant on you until you get around to pulling the dash.
    John O.
    94R

how u want for the whole set up? but in the mean time as long as I don't have air on it won't leak? or I need to reverse hoses to permanently stop it?

Well I can't say whether or not it will leak if you just don't use it but the bypass s really easy. In your engine bay there are two metal pipes coming straight out of the firewall about where the steering wheel is, those go to the heater core so you would just unplug the two rubber hoses from them and couple them together using a piece of tube.

I'll let you know about the ac when it gets removed here in a few days
    John O.
    94R

sounds good ill probably end up just disabling it

ok well i used one of the hoses that was already there and just bypasses the whole thing so it just circulates i guess we will see how that holds up i think itll be ok ill post some pics up yall comment and tell if i did it right or not haha

so thats what i did and ran water thru the hole to get crud out flushed my radiator couple times now and had engine running to get it to kinda flush the engin a lil

and yes that is a broken dip stick :P hit it with pliers when i was pulling hose off

I cant tell because the picture is dark, but make sure there are no kinks in the hose.

there arent any i made sure of that i didnt want it to blow off from back pressure but everything is running fine now just need a need a new engine eventually this ones got 196k thinking 1.8 bored to a 2.0 then supercharge