Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 93LE Miata #1057

Default FS: 93LE Miata #1057

Well Jessica is ordering an 09 Mini S pretty soon and I'm buying the S2000 from her as my new daily driver so the Miata has to go. I've owned it for a little over a year and it's been most problem free. It was previously owned by a 40 year old couple who replaced it with a 10AE for the wife. I purchased it in California while visiting my parents and shipped it back. Now it's ready to go to a new owner.

The Car

VIN #: JM1NA3516P1413406

EDIT: I am retarded, the car is #1154 of 1500 not 1057, not sure where I got that from.

1993 Brilliant Black Mazda Miata Limited Edition called Mazda to verify it is #1057 out of #1500 units. 171,XXX miles (see extensive recent maintenance list below). I bought it as a daily driver to save gas and keep the miles off my 05 RX-8. I am the 3rd owner and hold the clean title in hand. It has been a daily driver and garaged it's whole life. It has all the usual 93LE goodies listed below:

Performance: LSD, R package suspension, lightweight BBS wheels (with centercaps, no wrench) with Falken RT-615's, ABS (very nice feature to have for autocross and one of the reasons why I picked the LE), Flyin Miata 7/8" front swaybar, performance alignment by BAM! as well as an uninstalled set of new speedbleeders for the brakes.

Exterior: R package rear lip, trunk spoiler, missing the front lip from prev owner. Has dings and dents from being a daily driver it's whole life, a few paint scratches where the previous owner tried to touch it up. The paint is overall glossy and mostly free of swirl marks with no oxidation. No rust on any of the panels looks overal very nice from 3 feet away. All the VIN tags match except the drivers door which I replaced with another brilliant black door when rolling it out of the garage (by foot) and it caught the garage door frame (stupid mistake). Has not been in any accidents to my knowledge.

Interior: Full red interior intact, drivers seat has a little wear the rest is great, has the aluminum teardrop door panels and sills, air conditioning, power windows and mirrors (all works perfectly), NB shift knob replaced by previous owners, original MSSS stereo intact, red tonneau and boot covers with bag included.

The Maintenance
    The previous owners were very good with maintenance despite not being severe car junkies. I have a folder about 2 inches thick full of paperwork for the usual maintenance items (oil changes, air filter, timing belts etc). The timing belt, water pump, rear main seal, transmission seals, clutch, throwout bearings and some other major items were done about 20,000 miles ago early 07. I have since done oil changes at or before 3,000 miles and have changed the transmission and differential fluid once with synethics. I also changed the brake and clutch fluids twice. I recently replaced the spark plugs and wires as well as the air filter. I also replaced the front rotors and pads and inspected the rears. Overall the car has been maintained very well and the only single issue I've had was a noisy HLA that was ticking and that was taken care of with an engine flush. You are welcome to take a look at all the records/receipts for the car, it passed emissions with flying colors.

The Condition
    The exterior is probably an 7/10. It has the typical Mazda stone chips in the front expected based on age and use. As mentioned before there are small various dings/dents as well as light scratches around the body since it was a daily driver and not a garage queen. Nothing that a pass with a PDR guy and some good touch up wouldn't fix. The LE wheels are overall in good condition with a few light curb marks etc. The car is very presentable as a fun, efficient daily driver and the exterior reflects this.

The interior is a 8/10 considering it's age. The leather on the drivers side bolster is a little cracked but not too severe, some crack filler and a re-dye would have it looking like new. The passenger seat is in pretty good condition with minimal cracking. The door panels are intact and in good shape as are the original red carpets and floormats. The previous owners had some red carpet made to cover the floormats and keep them clean. The A/C still works fine, as does the factory AM/FM/CD player, power windows and mirrors. I changed the front crappy OEM speakers to some Pioneer 6.5 that sound much better and the bass shakers in the seat work great.

The drivetrain is an overall 7/10. The engine runs smooth and gets 28 mpg city driving it conservatively, the transmissions shifts very smooth with no grinds even at high rpm, the cooling system is in good shape and it is all stock. The only things keeping it from being a 9 are the higher mileage and some gear whine from the transmission. The whine is quite common in my research and happens in every gear except for 4th. Threw throwout bearing also rattles a bit with the clutch out. A $150 new transmission would fix this easily and can be negotiated into a deal. I would not hesitate to take a road trip in this car as is right now.

The Price
    I’m asking $4500 OBO for the car but will listen to reasonable offers and am open to discussion especially for dfwmiata members. I think this is a reasonable price given the mileage and condition of the car. I do understand this is a higher mileage LE that is not in showroom condition as some others are and I'm not asking 10-15K. I bought this car since I wanted a LE that was reasonably clean and in good mechanical condition and have driven it as such. It has some nice features that may be hard to find together (LSD, ABS, R pack etc). and looks great with the black and red combo. The car still feels tight and the motor runs smooth. It was competitive in SCCA tire class last season despite the loose nut behind the wheel. I will not sell any of the parts or accessories separately, unless the car sells and the buyer does not want them and am not in a rush to sell the car immediately but it's ready to go whenever. I can be reached by PM or at joseph “dot” kan “at” hotmail “dot” com or at my cell 214-277-3613. I will be out of town August 1st to August 8th. Thanks for looking!

Pictures: I will provide high resolution pictures of anything by request.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 08-14-2008 at 07:52 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Okay, this getting a little weird. My wife is also Jessica, I also have an LE, and the track #'s I run are 333.

Good luck with the sale.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Okay, this getting a little weird. My wife is also Jessica, I also have an LE, and the track #'s I run are 333.

Good luck with the sale.
    LOL, great minds think alike. I actually no longer run 332 and we're not married yet. I used to joke with her and say that one day when the Miata is gone she'll know where the money went. Looks like that day is getting closer...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

OK, stand back to back - walk 10 paces - turn - fire
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Gee, those auto-x pictures look like the poor thing is being ABUSED big time! I'll give you two-fitty...................
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerv View Post
    Gee, those auto-x pictures look like the poor thing is being ABUSED big time! I'll give you two-fitty...................
    Says the guy with 2 Miata's on track in his avatar
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Talked to a few people and I understand $5000 might be a bit too high. Taking offers around $4,500 obo now. If you're interested, just PM or call me, I'm more than willing to work something out. I have about 8-9 weeks to sell the car before the Mini S arrives. I will drive it to work until it sells.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Blog Entries

PM sent
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Returned your PM. I'm out of town for a week (returning next Sat night) and can show the car then but in the meantime feel free to call if you have any questions and I'll be happy to discuss.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Back in town and ready to show the car.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Took some interior pics, it looks worse in pictures than real life. But overall in good shape, everything works (radio, power windows, mirrors, cruise control etc)

Driver door

Passenger door

Drivers side

Back View

Driver footwell

Pass side

Pass seat

Worst of the interior wear, drivers seat bolster

Gauge cluster

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Car is sold pending deposit.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Let us know how it goes. Did it sell through this forum or m.n? I've been out of town, with no internet. Man it was great!

*****Just read the Canada thread*******
    Last edited by Sharpie; 08-17-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Let us know how it goes. Did it sell through this forum or m.n? I've been out of town, with no internet. Man it was great!

*****Just read the Canada thread*******
    Sold it on SCCAforums, they're coming in a few weeks to pick it up and drive it home. I received a deposit on it already.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

I heard that they have 93 LEs at Ross for only $20.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Very Nice!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

For some reason they are $50 at the Ross by my house.

Do they only come in red?
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Magma View Post
    Do they only come in red?
    Black and red, are you new here?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Ross was out of black ones when I stopped by, just checking on my options