Thread: Here are My options right now, Tell me what you think

Default Here are My options right now, Tell me what you think

in my search for wheels i have come across 3 deals that sound good to me.

first set are from Thorage327, they are 16 inch Enkei MM2's with less than 2500 miles on them for $625

Second set is from another site and local. They are a set of 16 inch Polished Rota Slipstreams w/tire with less than 5,000 mile on them for $650

Third set from another site, Not local. Set of 15x7 ATS Comp Lite in black, w/tires but less than 50% tread left. $400 shipped

these will be going on a 96 M. Give me your opinions. Thanks.

btw. I may have to sell my factory wheels if anyone is interested. give me an offer.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Here is a pic of the Rota's

2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

the ats wheels are light, but are also discontunued and can easily be broken iirc.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

chris's MM2's and Nitto NeoGen tires. they are some grippy ones, thats for sure.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

those wheels look good too.

i pretty much decided not to buy the ATS because by the time i get them and more than likely get new tires, i would have spent just as much or more than the other rims.

i've never been a big fan of the dark center/polished lip look but those enkei's look really good and i think they would look good on my car. the rota's look good too, and are light. so right now i'm kinda leaning towards the rota's, but i cant find any pics of polished ones on a miata. oh well.

any more opinions?
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Are these the ATS Comps??

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1710153

here is the link to the add over on the vortex. i tried linking straight to his picture but i couldnt

does nobody like the rota's?
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

I'm not a black rim kind of guy, but that's just me. I do like the Rotas best.

But if it was me I'd buy two new tires for your current rims and save the cash. I am a cheap bastard after all!

i personally dont care for the rotas, ive seen them on tons of riced out civics. the only other car ive ever seen the enkies on was a BMW 330i Sport with the M package.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C

I dig the polished Slipstreams, but for $650 used with a set of tires I'd have to know what kind of tires we're talking about. After all, a brand new set of the same wheels can be had from SubyDude for $535 shipped. So, unless the tires on the Slips are the tires I would have bought anyway (i.e., no generic crap tires or riceboy specials), I'd just buy new.

I'm not usually a big fan of the Slipstreams either (too many cruddy Civics running around with flat black or gunmetal ones), but the "full royal" (polished lip and face) ones look sharp in person.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    I'm not usually a big fan of the Slipstreams either (too many cruddy Civics running around with flat black or gunmetal ones), but the "full royal" (polished lip and face) ones look sharp in person.
    i was thinking the same thing about them, but the polished ones look so good to me. i wouldnt even be considering them if they were black or flat black. i do see to many civics with them. as for tires, i still dont know yet. but i'm sure i can talk him down some and use that website as a reference point. i'll let yall know what i decide.
    2012 VW GTI
    4 Door White

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Are these the ATS Comps??
    Maybe, but these are ATS Comp Lites:

If you've ever looked closely at the wheels on Todd Milstead's STX Subaru, they're ATS Comp Lites.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

If you are truly undecided, I would go with the lightest wheels. Unless you see a lot of potholes and railroad tracks. Going to heavier wheels dramatically degrades the performance of the suspension. When I take the heavy Fondmetals F1s off and put the stock wheels on for racing the suspension comes alive.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba