Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

I looked around here a month or two ago and I've been fighting with coolant leaks off and on since, so I haven't spent much time since then. I've got a '94 that I think has the C package? It's got power windows, cruise, headrest speakers, tan top, and tan leather interior (seats are bad and are covered up now)...does that make it a 'C'?

I've got a hard top for it too, but I don't think it originally came with this model year...it doesn't have a rear window defogger and I think I read somewhere that started before '94???

I bought this car from my sister and her husband who bought it almost new in New Mexico. The dealer there threw in the hardtop.

They bought an MGB from me way before that for their kids. I had to talk them down on what they were going to pay me for it 'cause I knew it would always need repair. My nephew kept it running, but they finally had to rid themselves of it and bought the Miata as a more reliable version of the same style of car. When they started talking about selling it years later, I had to have it.

That was almost 6 years ago now and I still love it even with the issues that come up with a 15 year old car.

I bought a New Beetle Convertible a couple of years ago and thought I would let my daughter drive the Mazda, but couldn't bring myself to that....she's driving the Bug!

I've posted a couple of things on here and bought a T-shirt. Everyone seems nice.

Thanks,
    NMMX5

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome. There is a Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA autocross at Pennington Field on Sunday, June 7th. Drop by and say "Hello".
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by NMMX5 View Post
    Everyone seems nice.
    LOL that opinion will change in time!

Anyway welcome to this.......

Love the Avatar!!!!! I'm from Albuquerque and am still a NM freak. Instead of Texas crap everywhere, I collect Zia symbols, etc. Where did you live?

Welcome.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I've posted a couple of things on here and bought a T-shirt. Everyone seems nice.

Thanks,
    NMMX5
    He-hehe go read Alligator Hide. Then you will be prepared for the less than nice bits. Buying a T-shirt will only endear you to the one you gave money . . .for about thirty seconds

Actually, it is a good place to get good information and more than a small amount of honest, heart-felt abuse.

Welcome!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I bought a New Beetle Convertible a couple of years ago and thought I would let my daughter drive the Mazda, but couldn't bring myself to that....she's driving the Bug!
    Good call, those New Beetle Convertibles are chick cars! Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    Love the Avatar!!!!! I'm from Albuquerque and am still a NM freak. Instead of Texas crap everywhere, I collect Zia symbols, etc. Where did you live?

Welcome.
    Living in NM is just a dream at this point. My Miata is originally from Sante Fe and the sister I bought it from is building a place near Angel Fire that's about 9K feet elevation. We go up there a lot and maybe one time I'll just stay! Can't wait to get up there in July with the top down when it gets all the way up to 74 in the afternoon...

I spent 6 years in Santa Fe before moving here. July and Angel Fire is awesome for driving. Had a motorcyle, not a miata then. Some nice rides are:

Pecos to Las Vegas (NM) and the head to Mora, Angel Fire, Chimayo...

Even the quick run from SF to Los Alamos over the mountian to Calles the Jemenez to Abq is fun.

Really, just pick almost any road in these areas and explore.

Truly the "Land of Enchantment" for driving...

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    Welcome. There is a Lone Star Chapter BMW CCA autocross at Pennington Field on Sunday, June 7th. Drop by and say "Hello".
    Thanks for asking...That daughter of mine who's got my Bug has a high school graduation on a Sunday morning. I'd love to come see something like that the next time around. Please let me know.

Another Colleyvillian! Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Another Colleyvillian! Welcome.
    Shoulda recognized the username...Love the avatar...What, no Cousin It?
    Last edited by NMMX5; 05-29-2009 at 06:49 PM.