Thread: Am I the only one....

Default Am I the only one....

Am I the only one that likes to watch Wheeler Dealers?
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Nope... :)
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

Keep an eye out for Bangla Bangers. Automotive insanity that is.
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

Premise:

Watch as we buy a car for $1000, then add $2000 worth of new parts to get it ready for resale. Then watch us giggle with excitement as we sell the refurbished car for $1800!!

Never mind the fact that they never add the cost of labor into their equation, which oftentimes is astronomical.

It's like a car wreck..I can't help but watch.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Yeah but I get a lot of tips from watching Ed do his rattle can resprays.
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    It's like a car wreck..I can't help but watch.
    +1

This week's prize was a Suzuki J410 (aka Samurai) that they turned into a "monster truck," then lost their ass because it wouldn't pass safety inspection due to rust.

Anyone else notice that they NEVER clean anything up underneath the car while they're there? The li'l Suzuki was CAKED in dried mud, and yet they felt the need to completely repaint the front and rear axles before they stuck them up in the mudhole.
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-10-2009 at 11:26 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Talking

HD Theater Rocks!!

I also finding myself watching Wheeler Dealer, Auto Trader, Chasing Classic Cars, Classic Car Club, GT-Racer, and the Tank Overhaul......

GT- Racer rocks!
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    HD Theater Rocks!!

I also finding myself watching... Classic Car Club...
    That one fascinates me too - it was fun to see Big Ed Chyna fold himself into an E-Type and make it looks like a Shriner's go-kart. I swear that dude has to be 7 feet tall...

Also, is it just me or is that host chick kinda hot in a British cougar kinda way? She's also an ex rally driver, so maybe that makes her a little "sports hot" too...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

I kind of like that they make it look sort of easy, it keeps my girlfriend interested which is always good for me if she enjoys it. Some of the epsiodes are kind of ridiculous but I still like them. My favorite was the MR2, he got rattle can paint to match perfect and the way he polished those wheels was amazing.

I'm also diggin PASS TIME!! I only care about the street cars but I think it's fun.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Quote Originally Posted by 2004Busa View Post
    I kind of like that they make it look sort of easy, it keeps my girlfriend interested which is always good for me if she enjoys it. Some of the epsiodes are kind of ridiculous but I still like them. My favorite was the MR2, he got rattle can paint to match perfect and the way he polished those wheels was amazing.

I'm also diggin PASS TIME!! I only care about the street cars but I think it's fun.
    Hmmm. My wife really likes the show too oddly enough.
    -Elliott-
    -92 White A-Pkg (gone)
    -2011 Mazda3i

I kind of like that they make it look sort of easy...
    True dat... the show gives me hope that I'll get my ratty project '79 Accord to once again suck the breath of life through its twin DCOE Webers.

We can all have dreams, can't we?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Really makes me want to go buy a Mark 1 Golf and replace the shifter and steering wheel and it be worth 2 grand!!
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300

Blog Entries

I think WD speaks to the shadetree mechanic in all of us... hoping to one day find that iconic 80s car for a pittance and breathing new life back into it. Hell, I saw a miata for $700 several weeks back and emailed the seller, but never received a reply. Nevermind the seller said it needed a new engine. Wheeler Dealer made me do it.

Regards.

I <3 Wheeler Dealers

I also like Auto Trader a bit. Same guys, different format.

Really makes me want to go buy a Mark 1 Golf and replace the shifter and steering wheel and it be worth 2 grand!!
    saw a very clean Mark 1 Golf GTI last week in Virginia. With "Antique Vehicle" plates.

You kids get off my lawn...
    '96 M-edition

There was one in Ft. Worth for sale for 650 bucks that I almost picked up because of WD.
    1991 Mariner
    2003 Tahoe
    2004 Hayabusa
    1989 YSR50
    1997 SC300