Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSC BMWCCA AX #9 - Nov 14, 2009

Default LSC BMWCCA AX #9 - Nov 14, 2009

Registration is now open for the LSC BMWCCA AX #9 in Mineral Wells on Saturday November 14th. [Registration closes November 12th @ 11 PM CDT]
    This is our final competitive event of the 2009 season!

Even if you've never tried autocross before, come on out at give it a whirl. Or, ask for a ride with an experienced driver to see if you might enjoy it.

More information can be found on the LSC BMWCCA website here, and if you want to drive in the event you must register. Cost is $25 for BMWCCA members, but non-members can register for $35 which allows you to try it out one time.

Event information and Directions

**** Register Online at dlbracing.com ****

Registration for 2009 events will be 100% online. We will not accept payment on site! Online registration is available until 10PM the Friday before each event and opens three Mondays prior to the event.

Tech Inspection
    All participant vehicles must pass Tech Inspection on site.
    Tech Inspection begins at 8am and will close at 9am.

Mandatory Driver's meeting at 9am.
    First car will start around 9:30am.

Rides in all competing vehicles are free as long as the driver doesn't mind having you as ballast, however a helmet must be worn. There are loaner helmets available for those that do not own their own helmet.... (Helmets must be rated M-2000 or SA-2000 or newer)

Click this bar to view the full image.

Easy directions if you've never been to the Mineral Ring:

- Take 113 N into Milsap... and after the railroad tracks turn left onto FM3028.
    - Take 3028 to FM1195 and turn right to go NB on 1195
    - Go NB on 1195 until you come to a stop sign and see the brick Mineral Wells airport sign on the SE corner and a water tower on your right. This is FM1821. Turn Right.
    - Once onto 1821 turn right at the first fork (Harvey Road) go left at the next fork, (Airport Road) and then take the left fork at the next road... you will pass a hangar and go onto the edge of the autocross tarmac...

PLEASE stay to the right as you enter and be aware of the pointer cones that will prevent you from driving onto the course.... Find a spot to park along the fence in the paddock..... The trip is 80 miles one way from Vista Ridge Mall (I-35 and I-121 in Lewisville) and takes about 75 minutes.

Course

Last edited by sammm; 10-29-2009 at 08:11 AM. Reason: correct date

I will be there. I gotta get all I can in before the season ends.

Driver

Best.CornerNames.Evar

Looks like a fun/fast course. I will do the SCCA event on Sunday. Two events in a weekend is a little to much of a good thing. I will miss it.

Wish I could make it. Gotta be at HHR Saturday and then back to SCCA SUnday. Gonna be another fulll weekend. If some how I could have squeezed this one in I would have. Yall have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Looks like a fun/fast course. I will do the SCCA event on Sunday. Two events in a weekend is a little to much of a good thing. I will miss it.

Good grief...

I'm planning on being there, but I am pretty sure I'll have difficulty with that course.

Should be fun though!

I am ready for another weekend!

I registered but only 5 are committed so far. Is there a chance that this event will get cancelled?
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by bnordin View Post
    I registered but only 5 are committed so far. Is there a chance that this event will get cancelled?
    BMW attendees always register late. I am not sure why. Stupid BMW drivers.

I registered. I also registered my father, who will be driving an Auto-X for the first time.

I'll be bringing my father-in-law and my brother-in-law as well. Both are visiting from Japan and are looking forward to seeing it all!

One thing, I think my father will need a loaner helmet, probably a size L. My head is too small for me to share with him...

Saturday looks good. Come on out and play.

Quote Originally Posted by CobaltFire View Post
    I registered. I also registered my father, who will be driving an Auto-X for the first time.

I'll be bringing my father-in-law and my brother-in-law as well. Both are visiting from Japan and are looking forward to seeing it all!

One thing, I think my father will need a loaner helmet, probably a size L. My head is too small for me to share with him...
    That's going to be an awfully uncomfortable ride with 3 grown men in 1 Miata for 90 mins.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    That's going to be an awfully uncomfortable ride with 3 grown men in 1 Miata for 90 mins.
    My father has a rental, so you can kill that fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post

3 men and a jo jo.

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    Best.CornerNames.Evar
    +1
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 82
    NC Miata

Yes, I've always had a clown car fantasy.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Anyone stopping at McD's for breakfast?
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast